"That is also true, little bird. I do like seeing you, I don't usually interact with living souls."

"Do you have anybody to help you out down there?"

He blushed. "I'm sorry?"

"In the Underworld, do you have any help?"

He smirked to himself, and I didn't quite understand what I had said to make him smile as he did. But the way he described his work with people, it's all sounded very lonely.

"I suppose it is just me for the most part. Locked away in my office, doing paperwork after paperwork."

"Do you think I could come and help you? I don't know if I would be good at it but I could try to help."

He took my hand into his. "I would very much enjoy your company and my world."

I kept staring at her hands and how they were touching again. That feeling in my stomach resurfaced. It was hard to think straight with him touching my skin. You would think that he would so cold, but he was so warm. he was comforting, almost like a safety blanket.

"Well, how about I come to visit you?"

"You actually want to go back to the underworld?"

"Well, I don't really care much for the place, even though the view was really nice. However I really just enjoy talking to you. You know how you say you were drawn to me?"

"Yes."

"Well, if I'm going to be completely honest. . .. I am actually very drawn to you too. I would like to be friends with you for sure."

"Is that so?"

"Oh yeah, how many people can say they're friends with a God?" I joked with him.

He smiled again squeezing my hand. "I do have to say you were probably my favorite human."

I blushed when he said that. He took back his hand and I continue to eat my waffles. after we were finished and after he paid, we continue to walk.

When I asked him what time it was, he said it was about 5 in the morning.

"Can I take you somewhere?"

"Um . . . Where are we going?"

"Can it be a surprise?"

"Sure," I said. Instead of turning to the direction of the college, return to the forest that we met each other. He held my hand and guided me through the trees. It felt like the trees were talking to me again, comforting me that this man I was holding hands with was okay, and they were telling me I was okay.

We continue to walk, for a good 15 minutes.

After quite some time, we finally got to where he wanted us to go. It was on the edge of a cliff, we sat down, and he never let go of my hand once. We sat there together watching the sunrise.

The red and the orange and yellow all mixed together like a lovely painting, a masterpiece that I would never be able to live up to.

It was all so beautiful and being next to somebody that keeps me calm and warm, it made it even more beautiful.

"Persephone?"

"Yes, Hades?" I asked, still staring at the sunrise.

"Do you promise to visit me? I don't ever want to force you to do what you don't want to do. But I would very much love it if we did visit each other more."

"Of course, I'm going to visit you."

I glanced up to him and saw the look in his eyes, and the king of the Dead had happiness dancing in his bright eyes. I leaned my head onto his shoulder. Somehow, we ended up with his arm around me, and my eyes were so tired, I ended up giving in, and letting my eyes rest.

The next time I had woke up, I was curled up into his lap, with his arms snuggling around me so tight.

"You fell asleep," he whispered in my ear. 

"Why didn't you wake me?" 

"You're a peaceful sleeper, plus, you were tried. Should I have woke you up instead?"

"No, let me sleep longer," I begged him with a giant yawn right afterward.

He laughed as he stood up. I was still held in his arms. "It is 9 in the morning, and I need to get you back to your dorm. But I will carry you there, is that okay?"

I wanted to rest my eyes again, but I also wanted to stare at him more.

I think this is the safest I have ever felt in my life.

In the arms of the king of the Dead.