Chapter 12 - The Pang In Heart

Start from the beginning

Impressed, he got up to have a closer look. "Is this the opening of Dad's new project?" He asked looking closely at a picture of his dad, mom and wife. This event had happened in the month following his trip.

"Yeah!"

"Damn, I missed out on a lot. Oh, before I forget what I came for-" he said walking towards her chair.

With his every step her heartbeat accelerated. She couldn't ignore that he looked irresistibly handsome in that grey suit. He sat on the large desk. Anika slightly turned her chair and pushed it slightly backward. She looked up at him. 

He stared right down at her. God ! Mercy! She was nothing if not sexy in that simple deep royal blue kurti with slits starting at the shoulders all the way up to her wrist. Her taste in fashion had certainly improved. Those arms! He couldn't help but imagine them around him, those perfect fingers digging into his back. Could he just take his wife right away? Office had always been on his fantasy lists but she had never let it happen. 

"You were saying something" she said aloud unable to refrain from guessing in her mind, what he was thinking while looking at her like that.

"Right!" He said  pushing away his thoughts. "Mom-dad's anniversary."

"Oh that , venue done, guest list done, arrangements done just invitations left." She said proudly looking at the guest list.

"Woah that's Nice. But there is a small change."

She frowned looking up at him. "What?"

"The venue. It's happening at home, I mean Oberoi Mansion." He said proudly.

She looked up at him. That was actually a nice idea. The mansion was more than huge to accommodate the guests. But--well she had to admit it was best. She had no defense to put up.

"Alright. I will see to that. You could have called or texted about it. See you lost so much time coming all the way here." She said typing out a mail to notify Vishal about the change in venue.

"Yeah. But I had other plans as well!" He said getting off he table and leaning his back against the table.  She raised her gaze from the keyboard and turned to look at him.  Other plans?

"I hope you can have a quick lunch break with your husband?"

"Ahh, Shivaay." Think of something,quick.

He looked at her as she pronounced his name. Anika caught that . Seems like the air conditioner had stopped working. She felt warm, very warm. Oh dear! It was his burning gaze. He hadn't had to wait. He slowly pulled her chair by its arm. He was now hovering upon her sitting figure with his hands on the the armrests of the chair. She closed her eyes breathing deeply. His new scent, the scent of his bodywash hit her nostrils. His perfume blended well with the scent of body wash. There was another scent that was different. Coffee, of course.