Chapter 3

The next morning we started our research. We consulted the greatest repository of knowledge that we knew, Google. Ren brought up a few websites on folklore and gremlins, "we need to know how to track this thing right?"

Connor gave a nod of his head and added, "and kill it. With extreme prejudice." I nodded in agreement as well.

"It doesn't say how to track a gremlin but it does say where it lives. Since there seems to be some truth to the gremlin myths airmen pass around, its said they like to live where there are tools. Or in machines." Ren explained, reading off of a website.

"So last night, we probably wouldn't have seen the gremlin if you hadn't of stepped into that workshop." I commented.

Ren grumbled, "yeah, that little red one toppled that machinery onto me."

Connor and I both looked down at Ren in confusion, "what?" we asked.

Ren looked up at us, "a red gremlin toppled all of that machinery onto me. Something wrong?"

"We saw a green gremlin...it was messing with us until we found you." Connor replied then groaned. "So we're dealing with two of the little bastards now."

Ren leaned back in his chair and sighed, "looks like it."

I leaned over his shoulder and skimmed the website he was reading, "So we know how to track them, how do we kill them?"

Ren brought up a few more websites, "that I don't know. All these sites talk about is water and sunlight."

Connor looked down at Ren with raised brows, "isn't that from some movie?"

I shrugged, "I think so but we don't have any other leads on how to kill them. Couldn't hurt to try."

Ren thought for a moment, "yeah, maybe the water might do something. These aren't lethal...well except for that red one, he tried to kill me."

"I guess we'll have to go back to the museum tonight and find them. Then we'll see how water works against them."

We waited in the hotel room until evening. Ren kept searching for answers during the wait but came up with nothing. Looks like we have to figure this one out on our own.

We left the room around eleven and got to the museum at midnight. Once we had picked the lock on the door Ren grumbled as he took out his flashlight, "I'm going to go find that red gremlin. I have a score to settle with the damn thing." he stalked off.

Connor and I both took out our flashlights as well and went to look for the green gremlin that was messing with us last night. "I think I might have a plan on how to slow down the gremlin long enough for us to hit it with water...but your not going to like it."

I looked at him warily, "what is it?"

"Well that green gremlin seems to really like you..." Connor trailed off when I shot him a dirty look, catching on to what he was getting at.