Chapter 15

Connor phoned Rory and briefed him on what was going on. Rory said that he could get us a flight to where we need to be immediately.

The flight seemed to take forever before we had finally landed. It was evening when we arrived in India. Because it was already dark and we were tired, we decided to find a hotel. We have picked worse places to stay. The walls were cracked and looked like they haven't been washed in decades. The room was very grungy looking, the beds were too.

Ren dumped his things on one of the beds and headed for the door, "I'm going to scout out the area, I'll be back in a bit."

Connor slipped out of his shoes and loosened his shirt. He stretched out on the bed, Sivath hopped up beside him. As they started to flip through the channels on the T.V, I grabbed some of my things and went into the washroom to have a quick shower.

I stepped in the washroom and made sure that the door was locked. The washroom was small and had an extra door. The mirror was cracked, as well as the walls and floor tiles. I turned the water on and began to undress, I then stepped into the stream of water pouring from the shower head. I squeaked, the water was ice cold. I fumbled with the taps for a bit and much to my annoyance, there was no hot water at all. Shivering, I grit my teeth and tried to wash up as quick as I could.

I had just stepped out of the shower and wrapped a towel around me when the extra door swung open and a man walked in. He froze and his eyes went wide. The man looked to be about in his late sixties and he was stalky and bald. I screamed.

The man covered his eyes and started to speak rapidly in Hindi. I screamed again and ran out of the washroom, Connor was just getting to his feet when I burst into the room. I ran up behind him peeked around him.

Connor looked down at me, "Tara? What's wrong?" Just then, the man walked into the room waving his hands.

The man said repeatedly, "Khēda, Khēda!"

Connor's eyes went wide, "what the bloody hell, who are you?!"

The man continued to speak rapidly in Hindi, he looked up at Connor and then over to Sivath. The man went quiet and stared at Sivath for a few moments.

Sivath looked around and then back at the man. He waved his little paw and said, "Hola!"

The man put his hands on his head and started speaking rapidly again, he was cut short when his eyes rolled back and he fainted.

We all looked at each other then stared at the guy laying on the floor in silence for a few moments. After a short period of time, Sivath asked, "is he dead?"

The door opened and Ren walked in with a bag in his arm, "the area looks clear and I got some food for us while I was out. I hope you guys like cur...." He stopped and looked at Connor and I.

I could feel Connor tense up and Ren said, "what the.." he seemed to have just realized that I am in nothing but a towel. He gave Connor a look, "uh, Connor..?"

Not knowing what to do with himself, Connor quickly looked around the room, "uh.." he then pointed at the man laying at the floor.

Ren turned his gaze to the unconscious man, "oh..is he dead?" he looked back at us.

I tightened my grip on my towel and said, "okay, what are we going to do with him?"

Ren put down the bag of food, "we need to figure out how to keep him knocked out for the night and get him back to his room."

We were trying to think of a way to keep the old man knocked out when he started to snore. We all looked over at him and Connor said, "well, that answers our question. We just need to drag him to his bed next door."