Chapter 12

Author's Note: I won't be able to post for the next two weeks. Thank you for your patience.

Rory shook his head, "no, we just alerted some of my contacts and asked them to keep an eye out. It could be a few weeks before we get any information."

Connor gave a nod and said, "would you mind if we crashed here until then?"

Rory smiled and shook his head, "of course not. You know that you're more than welcome here!"

I yawned and started to head towards the stairs, "well, I'm going to bed. I'll let you three visit. Good night."

As soon as I was in the bedroom, I reached up and grabbed Sivath by the scruff of the neck. I chucked him onto the bed, "you!"

Sivath sat up and looked around, putting a hand on his chest and then looking at me innocently, "quien yo?"

I glared at him, "yes, you. Why now do you suddenly leave the sword?"

Sivath grinned and gave me a wink, "My Bonito, I've been doing it since I was first given to you."

I remembered that night at the pond when I thought I saw the dragon on my sword watching me undress. I turned beet red and pointed an accusatory finger, "you little pervert! You watched me at the pond!"

His grin turned mischevious, "I was a perfect gentleman! I closed one eye."

I sighed and face palmed, there was nothing I can do about it now. I looked at him again, "If I ever catch you again, I'll dismember you!"

He chuckled, "you can't, Bonito. Those would be untrue intentions!"

I grumbled and picked up a pillow off a nearby armchair, throwing it at Sivath. The pillow knocked him right off the bed.

I muttered, "I'm going to bed."

***

I woke up in the morning to something cuddled against me. I opened my eyes to Sivath right in my face, he was watching me. "Good morning, my Bonito!"

My eyes widened and I sat up, shooting out of bed. "Get out!"

Sivath leaped out of the bed and wound himself around my sword and melded with it. I went to get out of bed but jumped back in with a squeak when my feet hit something warm and soft instead of a cold hard floor. Ren yelled, "what the hell?!"

I peered over the side of the bed to see Ren lying on the floor. I yelled back, "what the hell are you doing down there?!"

Ren sat up, "I had to sleep on the floor because that little blue thing of yours wouldn't let me in the bed."

I shook my head and slid out of bed. I grabbed my clothes and went into the bathroom to get ready for the day.

When I walked out of the bathroom, Connor was just sitting up on the couch. I waited for him and Ren to get ready too before heading downstairs for breakfast.

When we got downstairs we saw a crowd of people wandering around the house. Rory was among them and he smiled when he saw us. He made his way over to us and said, "morning, I hope you all slept well."

Ren gave a nod and raised a brow as he looked around, "we did. Where did all these people come from?"

Rory gestured around him, "these are the others that I told you about. The ones that were away for a bit, they returned earlier this morning."

Suddenly a man burst through the door, "he killed again!"

I furrowed my brow and looked up at Rory questioningly, "what? Someone has been killing?"