Chapter Sixteen

*Editing*

            Angel’s mouth dropped, she could not believe what she saw. She blinked furiously ten times, while pinching herself. She must have seen it wrong.

         William Jefferson could not be his father.

         Angel took deep breaths in slowly while taking in everything. She started to put in all of the sheets back in his bag, and made sure to fold the pink sheet and put it in its proper place. She did so, and put back the bag in its proper position. She lay back down on the couch, and closed her eyes. A knock on the door caused her to jolt up from her rest. She walked towards the door, and unlocked it to see Alexander. He had his hands stroking through his hair, while gulping loudly.

“Can I come in?” Alex asked, but his voice only came out in a whisper. Angel nodded her head, and moved to let Alex in his house. He walked in, and Angel locked her door behind him.

“I think I forgot my bag here,” Alex said with his hand behind his neck.

“Yeah, y-y-you did.” Angel stuttered, she was afraid that Alex would figure out that she snooped around his belongings. Alex walked towards his bag, and sat down on the couch.

“You didn’t open it, did you?” Alex asked, biting roughly on his lower lip, which pierced deep enough to allow blood to come oozing out. He kept his teeth on his lip, while waiting for her response.

“N-no, I didn’t..” Angel said as she trailed off, she looked away quickly. She was getting too suspicious and she did not want Alex to know.

“Al, you’re bleeding!” Angel said, distracting him from his main reason of being here.

“Angel, it’s just a little cut on my lip, no need to over react, but honestly did you open my bag?” Alex asked annoyed, as he continued biting on his bleeding lower lip. Angel looked around, and answered thoughtfully without a stutter.

“Well, Al no I didn’t look through your bag, I wouldn’t do that.” 

“You sure about that Angel?” Alex asked Angel, as he got closer to her on the couch, trying to intimidate her by looking straight in her eyes.

“You should believe me Alex, I didn’t look through your belongings. Why would I, and why would you be so afraid if I looked in there?” Angel hissed back at Alex, as she looked at her nails trying to avoid his eye contact.

“Nothing, I just want some privacy Angel. I can’t have privacy can I? Especially when I am around you, you always want to know everything. Just because I was a little kid, and my life was going downhill, and you were supposedly my superhero, doesn’t mean I want you to snoop around my belongings. It’s my bag and not your bag Angel. You’re being a real pest nowadays, always wanting to get into everybody’s business and you don’t say a word about yourself. And just because I asked you, you don’t have to be all mad. I understand you’re going through a lot, but who isn’t Angel, everyone is. So stop trying to act that the whole world revolves around you, because it doesn’t. And don’t pretend you didn’t go through all my belongings Angel, I know what you saw. But, do you think that was a great idea to go through my stuff, without asking? All the guilt and anger inside you must be bubbling up, so what do you have to say about all that I said? Do you agree, I bet you do.” Alex hissed back, clear anger and annoyance in his voice. He looked up at Angel and rolled his eyes, while shaking his head.

         He was not just mad. He was furious. Alex was never that rude to Angel, something must have made him snap. It must have been the fact that he knew she was lying, and she did not own up to snooping around in his bag.  Angel looked at Alex, with wide eyes, trying to comprehend everything he was saying. She felt a pang in her heart; it felt worse than a bullet would to her. She never seen Alex ever mad, he always had a reason to smile, but she was upset that she had lied to him straight in his face. Angel had to resist the tears that were urging to come out and spill on her face. She bit her lip to get a grip, and hold back the tears.