Chapter 19

-1 month Later-

"Nat? Can you get up please?" I shook her sleeping body a little bit. I was feeling far from normal. I called Matt over, he was on his way. I really, really hate Ryan's work schedule, he's only home on the weekends.

"You ok, Courtney?" Matt walked into Nat's room.

I shook my head as tears started to fall. "I think something's wrong with him." I said while placing my hand on my stomach. Even if he decided to come out now, three months before he was due, I think he'd live. I wanted him to grow to his fullest though, and be a healthy baby, not one dependent on a machine for food, and air.

"Do you want me to take you to the doctor?" I nodded.

"Call Ryan first."

"I'll call him on the way there."

I held out my hands so he'd pull me off the ground. "What about Natalie?" I asked.

"I'll watch her." Nina stepped in. "When I know it's good to go, I'll take her to see you." I nodded again. "Oh, and I already called Ryan, he said he'll meet you at the hospital.

"Hands." Matt demanded. I held out my hands as he pulled me up slowly.

"Oh man! Not good." I whined, my water broke, I was standing in a pool of my own water.

"Yep, we better go. See ya later Neen's!" Matt yelled as he pulled me out the front door.

--------------

"No! It hurts to walk!" I screamed at Matt. We were in the hospital parking lot. It didn't really hurt to walk, I was just being lazy.

He rolled his eyes, but scooped me into his arms, and carried me into the hospital. Strong dude.

"Finally. What took you so long?" Ryan stood up.

Matt gave him the look, as did everyone else in the waiting room. "Can I help you two?" the lady behind the desk asked.

"Um…what do we do about her?" Matt asked, referring to me.

"Well what's wrong with her?"

"I think she's having a baby."

"No shit Sherlock!" Ryan snapped, I couldn't help but chuckle.

"Well then follow me." the lady moved away from her desk, and led us to a doctor, my doctor.

Something tells me that this isn't really how any girl she be put into the delivery room. Aren't there usually doctors that greet you when you come in.

"What seems to be the problem?" My doctor, Doctor Benson asked.

"I think I'm going into labor."

"Well that's not good. Nurse! Put them in a delivery room." this guy's brutally honest.

Some nurse walked up to us. "Follow me."

----------

I had been hearing it for the past half hour "one last push and then you'll see your baby" that one, hasn't come yet, and I was starting to get frustrated. I clamped down on Ryan's hand, somehow I managed to keep squeezing tighter. If this hurts like hell, I can't even imagine what it's like giving birth to a normal size baby. I pushed one last time. I knew my baby wasn't in me anymore, but I couldn't see him, and he didn't cry. I did though, I cried hard.

Ryan started rubbing my back. "Courtney, he's gonna be fine."

I sure hoped so, I couldn't afford to loose another family member, especially one I had grown so fond of. He's my flesh and blood, my baby. I wasn't going to loose him!

When I saw the Doctor just standing there holding my son instead of giving him the help he probably needs, I was gonna go all mama bear on his ass. But Ryan beat me to it…again.

"Aren't you going to do something!"

"Calm down. The incubator is being brought down here." he said sternly. I knew who was never going to be my doctor again.

Another nurse came in, she was pushing this huge machine, I'm guessing it was the incubator. She pushed it an arms length away from my bed.

If you were to ask me a year ago what I saw myself doing today, I never would have guessed this. Personally, aside from my struggling child, I would change nothing. I had everything now, the perfect boyfriend, other people that loved me, and a beautiful baby boy. I still have yet to compare his features to mine and Ryan's, but he's still perfect.

I watched as a nurse bathed him, put a diaper on him, and a little beanie, and then place him next to me in the incubator. Seeing his face brought more tears to my eyes.

"What's his name?" she asked quietly.

I looked up and smiled at Ryan. I knew exactly what his name was going to be. "Nicholas." I stated.

"That's a cute name. I suppose you'd like to know a little more about him, so I'll state things you already know, and things you don't. He was born at 10:47 pm on April 5, he's 3 pounds 6 ounces, so that's kinda under what he should be, but that's fine, he'll grow. Aside from the earliness of his birth, there shouldn't be anything wrong with him, he's a fighter." she smiled.

"When can he go home?" I asked.

 "Probably in about 2 weeks, you can go home tomorrow night though." she walked out of the room.

 "Are you going to call Matt and Nina? I'm sure Nat's anxious."  I asked.

"Yeah."

---------

"Why's he so little?" Natalie asked as she stood on her tippy toes to look at Nicholas.

"He was born early."

"Why?"

"I'm not sure."

"Did you name him Oliver?"

"No. His name is Nicholas." Ryan answered.

"Well what's his full name?"

"Nicholas Oliver Castellow." I answered.

"So you did name him oliver?"

"But no one's going to call him that, a middle name doesn't really mean anything."

"Whatever." Natalie reached inside the incubator and poked Nicholas's face.

"Don't!" Ryan pulled her away. I watched Nick stir, and then cry. I know it shouldn't have, but it made me happy. He was a normal baby, and no one was going to tell me otherwise.