Chapter 11

We had gotten back from our running expedition a few minutes ago, and still no one was home. I flopped down on the couch, and unpaused the movie.

"What are you doing? I want to watch it too." Ryan stormed in.

"Then watch it."

"No I have to do other stuff first."

"What type of other stuff?" I questioned.

"Shower."

"Can I go first?" I asked.

"If it takes you less than ten minutes, be my guest." He sat down on the couch next to me.

Teenage hormones kicked in. "You can join me." I said. Ryan shot me a look, I couldn't quite decipher what I meant either. Part of me thought he was telling me to shut up. The other part thought he was shocked, and amazed.

I kept my eyes on Ryan, but he looked away, as if he was in deep thought. "Why shower? Why not bed?" it took me a second to figure out what he was saying.

"It doesn't have to be." I sat on his lap to face him. Thinking about my next move carefully, I gently placed my lips on his. He returned the favor by kissing back.

"Courtney, I can't have sex with you." he broke away. "If caught, I could get in a lot of trouble, you're only seventeen."

"I turn eighteen in less then a week though."

"Really? When's your birthday?"

"November 3rd."

"Courtney, that's tomorrow."

"Exactly. Who honestly is going to care, if they find out, that we had sex a day before my birthday. Not even a day, it's less then twelve hours away." I tried to reason with him.

"What time were you born?"

"12:20 a.m."

Ryan glanced over at the clock. "You can't wait five hours?"

"Fine. I'll wait." I pouted, and looked away from him.

"Don't even start." he attacked me with another kiss.

"Don't start what? Hating you, cause it's too late for that." I joked.

"I guess you'll be waiting a lot longer, if you hate me so much."

"It's called sarcasm. You should look into it."

He rolled his eyes. "I'm going to take a shower."

"Do you need some company?" I asked with hopeful intentions.

"No."

"Aw."

--------------

"It's ten o'clock, where are they?" Ryan paced back and forth.

"I'm sure they'll be back soon Ryan."

"Where would they go?" he sat down next to me. I shrugged my shoulders.

"Well, I'm bored."

"Good." he pulled me on top of him.

"But it's not twelve yet." I mimicked his words from earlier.

"Do you honestly care?"

"No. Do you?"

"Nope." he said while pushing his lips onto mine with force.