Chapter Thirty Six

Von ascended to the third heaven together with Kim, Michelle and the other souls.

For many more years, he stayed there strengthening his relationship with the Almighty. Then the time came when he felt the calling to return to earth. To do this, he must assume another body.

Von had to choose which life he preferred to take. Different panoramas paraded in his view. He had to choose which one for he had the power to do so, just like the other souls. On the last life presented, he saw the image of Kim and it made his feelings leap. He surely wanted to be with her again and settle their unfinished business. Only the major events in their lives were presented. The details will be up to Von to do, having the gift of free will, to alter his destiny on earth.

The time came for them to return to earth. Kim was to be born to an affluent family. Von's destiny dictated that he must live within the vicinity of Kim's house. He wanted to be her kind, being rich and known, but none of the parents could give him the physical built and charisma that could endear him to Kim. He wandered further more until he saw an attractive mother with a happy disposition, nursing an equally beautiful child. She followed them as they entered the squatter's area. And to his disgust she entered a shanty. The father kissed her and took the baby in his hands. A happy feeling filled the shanty and it didn't escape from Von's notice. This is what I am looking for in a family. I could feel the love and respect in each soul in here.

The father put down the baby on the floor. The one year old baby girl sat down and stared at Von...to his surprise. Then she smiled at him. I have an unexplained attraction to this baby girl. I can't understand.

He wanted them to be his parents but he couldn't take the fact that he would live poor. How could Kim like and love him?

He spent days pondering about his decision. He just couldn't accept living in a poor family but the image of the smiling baby kept coming back in his mind. I must see the baby again. It might have something to do with me. Von wasted no time.

An aura of love met him by the door and enveloped him as he entered. He looked at the face of the baby girl intently trying to find a piece of a puzzle. He finally saw it. Oh my, she's Michelle. I'll choose this as my family. Michelle's gonna be my sister!

...............

After a year Von saw daylight in a poor neighborhood and Kim was born as well but to a wealthy family.

A mother in a wealthy and influential clan had given birth to Jim a few days ahead of Von and was a neighbor to Kim; their families had close relationship.

A new life for the four of them loomed in the horizon. Once more they will perform on the stage of life to correct their past.