Chapter Twenty Nine

The team leader went out of the SUV and walked past Michelle's car. He confronted the guard that stopped their convoy. "Where is your OIC?"

A bald broad shouldered man came out of the guard post. A pistol in holster tacked at his side. "What can I do for you, sir?" his voice tried to intimidate the team leader.

The man showed his NBI ID to initially introduce himself. "I am an NBI agent on a follow-up operation. We are chasing a black car and an SUV and we look forward for your cooperation."

"I'm sorry, sir, but no such vehicles passed through this gate in the last half an hour."

"Our informant had just told me that the said vehicles went inside just a moment ago. If you continue to lie, you will be in great trouble. Now order your guard to open the gate."

The OIC didn't move.

One of the NBI agents went out holding a long fire arm over his shoulder. He stared at their OIC. "Mr. OIC, we mean business. Don't get on our way or I'll blow your shining head."

The words rattled his nerve and signaled his man to raise the barrier.

Their convoy moved precisely to the location of Kim.

The OIC immediately warned Jim of the NBI's entry of the subdivision.

He walked to and fro inside the room thinking of his next move. Finally he called his bodyguards. Drive the vehicles around and if they follow you, get out of the subdivision. And when they caught up with you, deny any knowledge of what was going on."

The two bodyguards did as what they were told.

"Sir, the two vehicles left the vicinity without Kim. They will try to mislead us." Mang Teban immediately relayed Von's message to the group.

"I got it. Now, here's the plan..." the team leader said.

After a while, two agents drove their SUV. When they spotted Jim's two vehicles, they gave chase until they roared away from the subdivision. The agents made a U-turn at the subdivision gate and went back to Michelle's location.

"If ever they come back, block their path. Stop them whatever it takes." The team leader instructed the returning agents.

.................

Jim turned his back from one of the windows of the receiving room after seeing the NBI agents' SUV followed his vehicles. "Finally, we have lost them. I can go on with my plan." Not knowing that his move was countered by the NBI agents.

Kim stared at Jim as he entered the bedroom. "Where are we, Jim?" She felt weak and dizzy but already in the right frame of mind.

"It's only me and you, Kim. We are here to fulfill my plan. Nobody will help you even if you shout."

Her heart started to beat fast. She remembered his evil plan, his voice coming from the medium's lips, the comforting words of Nanay Mila and the tears she shed upon hearing his evil plan. "Why do you have to do this to me, Jim? I accepted your love because I love you, too; you shouldn't be doing this to me." Kim was in her usual modest way of speaking but she was gathering strength to fight back. She knew she was in big trouble she might not overcome.

Jim slowly knelt in front of her, his eyes rolling like crazy. He touched her hair and caressed her pale cheeks. A demonic smile crept all over his face and suddenly he released a loud laughter.

"Love?" he gave a penetrating look into her eyes which she avoided by looking away. "I don't believe in love. I don't even feel it." His hands slowly crept into her neck and he tightened it.

"Jim, you're hurting me."

He pushed her, causing her to lie down. She got up and slowly headed for the door.

Jim effortlessly pulled her back by her hair.

"Let me go, Jim." She held on to his hands to reduce the pain.

Jim, obsessed with his plan didn't hear her plea. He looked at her with lust then kissed her lips hard.

Kim bit his lips and hit his face with her closed fist.

Enraged, Jim punched her stomach and threw her on the floor. She crumpled in pain.

"Now beg me to spare your life, my baby."

"To hell with you. You better kill me."

Jim knelt and pulled her chin up. His glaring eyes were on her. "Your wish shall be granted." He let go a loud crazy laugh before looking back at her eyes. "But I must get what I want first." He held her neck again and pressed harder. "Now, grasp for air. I'll only give it to you if you beg for it."

Kim wiggled to free herself but to no avail. She could almost smell death.

Michelle parked the car in front of the house while the agents headed at the back. A heavy feeling dawned on Michelle and she couldn't just put it away. She felt Kim was in terrible danger. She immediately alighted and ran to the door.

"Michelle, come back! Jim is armed and dangerous, let the authorities handle the situation," Mang Teban warned her.

"No, I must stop Jim." She pushed the door.

The sound of the crushing door alerted Jim. He quickly released his hold on Kim, giving her a fresh breathe of life.

He stood up and pulled his pistol from his waste.

"Kim! Kim! We are here to get you!"

It's Michelle! Kim murmured while still gasping for air.

The glistening firearm caught Kim's attention. "Michelle would be in danger. I won't allow Jim to kill her." With a renewed strength, Kim tried to get up.

Jim came out of the room, knowing that Michelle was alone. Now, he had two women to deal with. It further fueled his hunger to molest and kill.

"Where is my friend?" Michelle boldly questioned Jim. This time she didn't feel even the slightest fear.

Jim cocked his firearm and raised it to the level of Michelle's heart. "Raise your arms and turn around. Face the wall."

No way could she escape nor have a piece of anything to hit him.

"Do what I said or you'll be dead." Jim's voiced raised to another level.

Michelle just stared at him, eye to eye. This is it! I don't want to be remembered running away from death. Michelle remained standing, waiting for her death.

Jim fired a shot, and another.