38. They're...gone..?

Tord's POV:

'Can we go to that park now?' I typed. "O-oh, yeah! Of course." Edd answered. We continued walking in silence. It was that kind of silence when it almost felt like you HAD to talk. But I couldn't say anything. Even if I wanted to.

We finally reched the park and sat down on the grass. There was a small tree behind us. I could feel the guys stare at me, but I didn't mind. My eyes begun to close. I sighed quietly and rested my head on Tom's shoulder.

I relaxed when I felt him wrap his arm around me and pull me closer to him. I smiled softly and closed my eyes. I wasn't tired, but it made me feel more relaxed and calm. "Tord?" I heard Tom.  opened one of my eyes.

"Is there anything else bothering you? You know you can tell us anything." Tom asked me. I shook my head. "You sure?" Edd joined. I nodded. Except for never actually hearing my normal voice, there was really nothing more that was bothering me.

"If you say so, Tord." Tom said. I closed my opened eye again and took a breath. Suddenly, Tom's phone started ringing. He picked it up. "Ah, Patryck! Is something wrong?" I heard him say. 'Huh, strange. I didn't know he had is number.' I thought.

"Yeah, we're okay. Sorry for not telling you that we're going outside." Tom said. Oh yeah. I completly forgot to tell them. Oops. "Wait...what!?" Tom shouted. My eyes immediately opened as I looked at him, confused.

His face was pale and his 'eyes' were wide open. 'What's happening?' I asked myself. "Y-you can't be serious! Hang on, I'm going to call the police just stay saf-" He cut himself off. "P-Patryck? What was that..? Did I just hear a gunshot? P-Patryck? Patryck!?" Tom was now shaking.

'Police..? Gunshot..? Stay...safe? What does that mean?' Tom ended the call and looked at me in panic. I tilted my head in fear and confusion. "T-Tord, I need to call the police! I'm afraid Paul and Patryck are in danger!" He said.

I covered my mouth and stood up. Edd and Matt hugged me while Tom was calling the police. I was terrifed... I couldn't understand what Tom was saying. I felt like crying. "Tord, we need to go back home... NOW!" Tom yelled.

I nodded and Edd and Matt let go of me. We all started running towards our house... We soon reached it... Blood... Police cars and officers were everywhere... And the ambulance... I couldn't hold it in anymore.

I started crying and hugged Tom tightly. Whatever was happening, I didn't like it... Then I saw...fire... Our house was on fire! And Paul and Patryck were nowhere to be seen! Tom petted my hair.

One of the police officers came towards us. "Whick one of you is Tord?" He asked. Tom pointed to me. The police officer sighed and looked at me. "I am...very sorry, but your parents...didn't make it..." He said.

My eyes widened. 'No, this can't be happening! This is not true! This is not real!' I thought. Tom hugged me tighter as I started crying even harder and louder. "I'm so sorry..." The police officer said and walked away.

Edd and Matt hugged me too. 'This... This is just a dream, right? Just like it was last time... My parents are not dead, they're okay... There is no fire and nobody died...' I thought, wanting to believe that...

But it wasn't a dream...

I didn't wake up...

My parents were dead...

And they were not coming back to me...

Tom's POV:

I couldn't believe it... Paul and Patryck couldn't be...dead... Tord looked like he was about to cry his eyes out... He wasn't stopping. He kept hugging me tighter and tighter if it was even possible...

And I understood how he felt... His life really was full of pain and death... His real parents were abusing him... Then his new parents, Paul and Patryck, found him and tried their best to help him... They made him happy...

They gave him hope, they cared about him and they loved him... And then when he came here, he changed my life too... He helped me with my father and risked his own life to save mine... He never deserved such pain...

And now, the people who helped him and loved him...were gone... He lost his parents... And I knew it was painful for him... I felt like that when my mother died too... I just never really talked about my mom in front of them... But I missed her...

"Tord, I am so sorry this happened..." Edd said as we all kept hugging him. "It's going to be okay, Tord. I promise!" Matt said. "We love you, Tord and we will help you through this... You already went through so much suffering..." I joined the two.

"W-wwwhaaaiii tthhhhaam??" He whispered and started coughing. I rubbed his pack. "I'm sorry..." I said. We stood there in silence, hugging each other while Tord's cries and sobs were slowly dying.

When there was silence, I noticed he fell asleep. His whole face was red and there were tears stained on his cheeks. I frowned. I hated seeing him like this... I picked him up, sighing. "Where should we go now..?" I asked.

"Maybe you can stay with me, guys." Edd said. I looked at him. "Really?" I asked. He nodded and smiled softly at me. "Hey, guys! Maybe we could go buy a house one day and live together!" Matt said excitedly.

"That's a good idea, Matt! But it's going to take a while until we get some money to do so." Edd said. I looked at Tord. "I guess... So, can we stay at your house for a while, Edd?" I asked. He nodded. "Of course, always happy to help my friends." He said.

I smiled softly at him for a second before looking back at the sleeping Tord in my arms. "...Guys, do you think he'll be okay..? I mean, he just lost his home and his parents..." I said. They both looked at me.

"I don't know, Tom... I don't know..."

Hey, guys! ...No motivation! ...Again... Sorry for the short chapter. Now I realized I'm making those chapters shorter and shorter... ;-; Sorry, guys... I don't have much time today as well. You know, school. Oh well, I guess I'll talk to you later.