Doctor Appointment

Start from the beginning

"Hi there, what time is your appointment?" She asks, pushing her long blonde hair behind her right ear as she turns to her computer.

"Yes ma'am, it's at ten fifteen." I smile at her.

"Ms. Weeks? For Dr. Leonardo?"

"Yes ma'am."

"Okay...go ahead and fill this paperwork out," She says, handing me a clipboard with about twenty sheets of paper clipped to it. "And as soon as your done, I'll take you back to your room."

"Thank you, ma'am." I smile, and turn around to find a place to sit. Looking around, I'm happy to see that there aren't very many people here. Just a lady about my age with a baby in a carriage, and an older man about my parents age sitting with his wife. I smirk when I see Dyllan already in a chair with an empty one on either side of him.

"Thanks, Dyl." I smile at him as I sit down and start filling out all of the paper work.

When I'm done, I take the clipboard back to the lady at the counter, and she takes a copy of my insurance card and license before she tells me to walk around to the door on the side. I wave Dyllan over as I open the door. She takes us back to the room, and I sit on the crinkly white paper. Dyllan decides to stand next to me, electing not to sit on the doctors rolling chair. Every time I move, the paper makes a rustling sound and I wrinkle my nose. Dyllan just laughs.

The door opens only a few minutes after we get situated, and I jump. Dyllan laughs and pats my knee.

Inside walks one of the most beautiful women I think I've ever seen. She's got this dark brown skin, and long black braided hair. that's pulled up into an elegant bun. Her large, doe-like eyes are a light brown, and her skin is completely clear of any blemishes.

Dyllan gasps.

Looking over at him, I can tell he's completely entranced.

"Good morning, Mrs. Weeks, Mr. Weeks." She says, smiling up at us.

I giggle. "No ma'am, we're not married. He's just a friend." I say, and see Dyllan's face fall out of the corner of my eye.

"Oh. I'm so sorry!" She blushes, and I can't hold back my smile.

"No worries, it's completely fine."

"Well anyways, I see that you were under the care of Doctor Grace before, huh?" She says, giving me a pitying look.

"Yes ma'am, I was. She tried to kill me."

She looks startled.

"I'm hypoglycemic and she put me on meds that increased my insulin." I explain and watch her eyes widen.

"Oh. Well. Yes, that will certainly do it." I nod.

"Well. Why don't we get this show on the road. I'll walk you down to a room down the hall where we'll take a few samples of your blood," I groan, and Dyllan laughs. "Do some other tests, and when you're done you can come back in here and we will talk about your options."

"Yes ma'am. But I do have a question."

"Of course, ask away."

"How would you know the results right away? I've always had to wait a few days for them."