1

"Chaey's POV

The sound of your phone beeping continuously echoing across the room made you grunt a little. It sounded annoying.

A soft groan escaped your lips. The idea of your phone beeping even baffles you.

What the... 

Your eyes grunted as you try to check the time on the clock hanging on your bedroom's wall. 

4 AM

"Fudge," you wanted to curse. It wasn't even a good two hours when you fell asleep and now you're being forced to open your eyes.

Like always, you covered your face with a blanket hoping that your feeble attempt into blocking the noise would work.

One minute...

Two minutes...

Three...

It didn't.

"Aist!" you threw the blanket covering your body and puffed air out. Trying to even out your breathing, you slowly stood up to reach for your phone. 

Honestly speaking, you can't even remember the last time you checked it and that made you wonder how the hell it wasn't drained out of battery. Better yet, how the hell is it still working?

Maybe the housekeeper did it. You thought to yourself. 

Seeing how your mother always made sure to have someone checked on you, the idea doesn't surprise you anymore.

The moment you saw the name showing on the screen, your heart dropped, a familiar pain clenching over your chest.

Your father

It was suffocating. The feeling you thought you got over with after secluding yourself from people for over two years now slowly getting back.

And it's killing you.

Your eyes watch as your phone continued to ring. Your father never once called you. It was always your mom who reaches out and visit you from time to time.

With so much animosity between you and your father, you wonder why he was suddenly trying to reach out.

Curiosity taking over, your finger moved voluntarily and before you even know it, you already hit the accept button and had the call on speaker mode.

No one will hear your conversation anyway.

"Appa..." your eyes closed after your voice cracked a little.

It's no wonder because you haven't been talking that much anyways.

You were met with silence. For a moment, you thought your father accidentally pressed the call button and doesn't really intend to call.

"So you're still alive,"

Your body stiffened at the sound of your father's voice.

"Yobo," you heard your mother calling your father. Somehow, it breaks your heart hearing your mother's sad tone.

"I'm selling that unit. Go find someplace to live or find a job. It's been a year. Stop living in seclusion and think of those people who cared for you,"

Your breath hitch at the harshness laced on your father's tone.

"I'm giving you a week,"