66

His fingers reach my hip and start drawing delicious circles on my skin

    His fingers reach my hip and start drawing delicious circles on my skin. I moan into his mouth and lift my leg so I can hook it over his hip. His other hand catches my thigh and helps me up, then slides around to my back once I'm locked against him.

His fingers slowly start working the hem of my dress up to my hips. At this point, I'm really caught by surprise. I didn't realize that Leyna was naked when she and I switched bodies. I've been practically nude this entire time, which makes for a very interesting choice of events that could play out. Lucifer could decide he doesn't care and ravage me anyway, or he could decide he wants nothing to do with Leyna's body and wait until I'm myself again. Or anything in-between.

Either way, I don't really care. I'm just glad to have my husband back on my side and fighting for me again. Our kiss continues, a mix of happiness, lust and relief all rolled into one fantastic make-out session.

"Sire!"

Belphagor's booming voice echoes down the hallway, snapping me out of my lust haze. Lucifer, however, remains locked against me, seemingly unaware of our new company.

I flick my eyes down the hall, watching as a band of fallen angels charges towards us. Belphagor is leading them, a look of panic on his face. The others have similar expression, but their eyes hold a more serious tone.

"Sire!" Belphagor calls out again, louder and more urgent.

Lucifer sighs against me and reluctantly pulls away, a flicker of irritation in his eyes. He turns his head to face the stampede of angels coming at us, straightening his shoulders and flaring his wings out like a barrier.

The mass of fallen angels slows down and stop a few feet in front of us, still looking panicked. Belphagor's emerald eyes find me, relaxing a bit when her notices my legs hooked provocatively over my husband's hip.

The hulking angel sighs in relief. "Amelia, thank goodness."

Lucifer nods. "Yes, I know. What's the issue?"

Belphagor's attention snaps to his ruler. "It's Leyna. She's trying to pass an execution order."

WHAT?!

Lucifer's lips turn up in a mocking smile. "It won't get far. Even if the Counsil does let it pass, I'll kill it before the ink is dried." He turns to me, rubbing his thumb along my bottom lip. "I'll kill her before she can even get close to you."

I smile up at him, considering then dismissing the idea of seductively sucking on his thumb to show my appreciation. Not now, but later. The last thing Belphagor wants to see is my husband getting turned on when urgent shit is flying around.

Belphagor clears his throat, looking more nervous that scared. "The order isn't from Amelia, sir."

Now he's caught both of our attentions. Lucifer and I whip our heads to look at him, wearing matching expression of confusion and worry.

The old angel sighs. "Leyna may want Amelia dead, but unfortunately she's smart enough to know that going for her first would be suicide."

Swallowing, I acknowledge the elephant in the room. "So who'd she go after?"

"Kerion." Belphagor's eyes flick to the ground nervously. "For treason."

I'm stunned, frightened and beyond hurt. Kerion has done nothing but help and support me. He saw what happened, rescued me, and tried his best to convince Lilith to fight with us. How dare she go after him! Anger flood my body and I look up at my husband to see if he's as pissed as I am.

What I see is more frightening than the boogeyman himself. My husband stares out into the hallway, his eyes and cold and unfeeling. His wings shudder slightly, a tiny indication of the hurricane that must be brewing inside him. His mouth twists into a tight grimace, and his breathing and labored and shaky. To top it all off, I see his eye twitch.

"Belphagor." His voice is low, deadly, filled with fury I can't even begin to imagine.

The dark angel swallows loudly but holds his ground. "Sire?"

Lucifer continues to stare out into the hallway. "Tsaric nor namiriac."

Belphagor is silent for an instant, his eyes nearly popping out of his head. The rest of the group has fallen silent, too, staring at Lucifer with fearful eyes. My gut twists and I'm tempted for an instant to pull away from him and step back so he can have room to explode.

Uh oh. That must be a really bad code.

Clearing his throat again, Belphagor manages to regain his equilibrium. "Shoot to kill, sir?"

Lucifer can only nod.

Belphagor nods in response. "I'll see it done."

"Not yet." One of Lucifer's hands flies up, halting any idea of them leaving. "I'll say when it's clear. Until I give the order, neither Amelia nor Leyna's bodies are to be harmed."

"Yes, sir." Belphagor nods in response, seemingly relieved but still concerned.

I stare at my husband, confused, nervous and worried that his mind may have snapped. Yes, I'm pissed about Leyna sending and execution order for Kerion, too. But I'd like to think I'm the slightly more emotionally stable one in our marriage. His silence and coldness has me anxious that I may have lost him for a moment.

Until he gives to order? What or-

The pieces start to fall together in my head. The kill order is for Leyna, meant for after I get my body back. Lucifer's planning to set her free into Hell and have her gunned down -- or whatever weapon they plan to use on her -- once I'm back to normal. But he wants them to wait until he gives to order in case things don't go as smoothly and she ends up running off with my body or they accidentally shoot me instead. Once I'm back to being me, he'll give the order and Leyna will be gone for good.

Well, as pissed as I am about mom forcing me into this marriage, I must say I've ended up with one hell of a loyal, protective husband.

Lucifer sighs and closes his eyes, hanging his head as he turns to face me again. His eyes flutter open, staring at me but not really focusing on anything. "Go."

Belphagor and the other angels nod and bow respectfully before turning to leave. I watch as Belphagor and Samael take one last glance back and grin at me, relieved to know that their master knows what happened and that their world is on it's way to being set right again. I smile back, relieved to know I've got more than just a handful of allies on my side; I've got a whole damn army of powerful fallen angels ready to attack in my defense at a moment's notice. Freaking awesome.

Once my husband and I are alone again, I can refocus on him. Lucifer's still furious, but his face is as calm and serene as ever. Again, I stare up at him in awe. He has such control over himself, so much power held back behind those eyes. I wonder how he blows off steam when the stress gets to be too much.

Oh, yes. That's what I'm for.

I reach up and cup his cheek, running my thumb over the razor-sharpness of his cheekbone. "Hey."

A small smile cracks on his lips. "Forgive me."

"Nope. I'm the same way right now." I smile back and shake my head.

He relaxes a bit, exhaling slowly. "Kerion. I never thought she'd sink that low."

Honestly, I'm not surprised.

"It's okay," I whisper. "We knew she was nuts."

He gives a soft laugh. "Crazy, yes. But treasonous? Even for Leyna that's a bit extreme."

"Well..." I trail off, deliberating if I should answer honestly or let it go.

Before I can decide, Lucifer lets out a low groan and leans forward, pressing his lips to mine once again. I smile against him and kiss back, letting my train of thought go and allowing my husband to hold my attention. His hands resume their previous teasing, holding me steady and spinning circles around the flesh of my hips.

He pulls away, breathing heavily. He leans forward, pressing his cheek against my neck as his warm breath spills down my back. "Damn it."

I reach around and run my fingertips along the length of his back. "What? What is it?"

"I've had a hard-on all fucking day," he groans into my shoulder. His hands reach under the fabric of my dress and slide up and down my thighs, warming my cold skin and making me tremble.

I lean my head back against the wall, closing my eyes and relishing in the feel of my husband's cool hands on my skin. I bite my lip as one of his fingers brushes against the edge of my sex. I tremble again, and I hear his laugh just as his finger strokes my clit. This time, I inhale sharply and dig my fingers into his back, my body now on fire and begging for more attention.

No, no. Not like this.

 Not like this