Chapter 13

Alpha Kalin PoV

I stood before my pack before we got on the West's private jets to go help them take down Alpha Bruce and his pack. "Everyone! Listen up! This is not a vacation! This is not a get away! It is an opportunity for us to reconcile with our past and to avenge the lives of our lost pack members! To avenge our brothers and sisters, mothers and fathers, daughters and sons, friends and fellow pack members. Innocent souls who died wrongfully in cold blood trying to protect us or worse; without cause!"

A chorus of growls and snarls ran through the pack.

"We all know the members of the West but I expect everyone to be on their best behaviour because we are guests in their home. Any mated pairs are to be reported to me even if you reject your mate" I said, directing my gaze at my daughter who stared angrily at me, " Although I sincerely hope that would not be the case. Okay everyone! Let's go kick some ass!"

Everyone cheered and ran onto the two jets. I followed and found my seat at the front of the plane. I closed my eyes and started to relax. I flinched when I heard someone sit next to me.

"Can I help you?" I asked, with my eyes still closed already knowing who it was and why they were here.
"Dad, I know you meant me. That was uncalled for," my daughter replied.

I opened my eyes and looked at her face, the image of her mother with her brown hair and light brown eyes. I sighed. "Katelyn I just can't fathom why you would want to reject your mate when you haven't even met the boy yet."

"Dad, I told you. I love Jesse more than anything else."
I faked hurt, clutching my chest, "Even more than your poor old daddy?"
She sneered at me, "You know what I mean."

I chuckled, "Yes, yes I know but even what you think you feel for that Jesse boy won't compare to the love you feel for your mate, sweetie"

"Dad, everyone can't be like you and mom. If I find him, I will reject him. It is my decision" she said, getting up. She kissed my forehead and walked away.

I sighed and trailed my fingers over the scar that adorned my face, given to me by my dying mate which I wore with love and pride.I sighed, so stubborn and so much like her mother. What am I going to do with that girl?

---------

Craven PoV

Tyler and I stood with our team waiting in the foyer for the East Pack to arrive. Tyler was running through the checklist one last time.
"Schedules organised?" He asked looking down at a clipboard he had in his hands.
"Check" The group chorused
"Guest rooms cleaned?"
"Check"
"Tour guides assigned?"
"Check"
"Guest bathrooms cleaned and fitted with necessities?"

"Check" They shouted again, while I chuckled under my breath that Tyler just said necessities.
"Okay, so who cleaned the guest Alpha's room?" he asked, looking around.

Everyone looked at each other, no one said anything and I groaned. The most important thing we had forgotten to do. "Tyler stay here with half of them. Half come with me. Let's get this done!" I said as my half ran down the corridor to fix the Alpha's room.

We finished the room in record time as we rushed it, but it was safe to say that the room was ready, complete with a bouquet of flowers. The team and I all had to rush back to our rooms and shower quickly because Kennedy would not be too happy if we smelt badly when the guest pack arrived. I stepped out of my room with a green plaid button down shirt with a pair of dark jeans smelling of soap and cologne. I made my way to the foyer unsure of whether the pack was here or not. I continued walking down the hallways until I heard the noise that everyone was making and I knew that the pack had arrived. I followed the tumultuous noise towards the sun room that had been readied for their arrival.