Chapter 3

I woke back up later and waited for Dr. Richards to come back into the room. I was beginning to feel a bit more comfortable due to the pain going away and the fact that I didn't wake up dead.

I sat up and looked around the room. It had a table on the left side of the room for Dr.Richards' things and a bedside table for my things. Needless to say, that table was empty. Other than the bed and myself that was all that this room contained.

I laid my head back, bored out of my wits and twiddled my thumbs. The door shot open and a girl bounded into the room. I instinctively got into a defensive position. The girl, who appeared about 16, looked at me and smiled widely.

She ran across to me and began talking really quickly and loudly to me. I was scared so I curled into myself trying to not make eye contact.

I heard more footsteps and then..

"KYLIE!" Dr. Richards shouted

"Yeah...Seth?" she answered guiltily

"What are you doing in here?!" he said,annoyed

"I...I was trying to talk to him..."

"I told you guys. No visitors until I say so."

"Sorry Seth"

"Now...Get up and Get. Out."

She nodded and ran out with her head down.

Dr. Richards approached me slowly rubbing his forehead.

"I am sorry about Kylie. Her and my family can be very...rambunctious."

"It...It's okay," I said, "Your...family?"

"Yeah...she is my cousin"

"Your family...they are nearby?"

"You can say that but...more importantly you haven't told me why we found you in the forest with a gaping stab wound in your chest"

I looked away from him.

"Come on, you can trust me," he urged.

I hung my head in shame. "It's because I am...weak" I said, that word stinging my core.

"No you're not. You survived that injury. Weak people would have died."

I shook my head. "No. My mother and sister died because of my weakness. Even my name means coward"

He looked sympathetic and I hated it. I didn't want the pity. "What's your name?"

I sighed, "Craven."

He smiled, "Maybe, you can change the meaning because you do not seem weak to me"

I smiled back.

"How old are you?"

"Nineteen"

He looked thoughtful as if wheels in his brain were turning. "Craven, I need to know what happened in your life. I am sorry if it is painful but as a doctor I need to know just in case you have preexisting conditions and I have seen the signs of abuse. What happened?"

I frowned but nodded. I felt comfortable with his presence so I took a deep breath and began,

"Three years ago, the day of my 17th birthday my father began acting strange. He was happier than usual and was treating me like a prince but as it got later my father's mood began to change. It changed from excitement to disappointment to anger. All directed at me for some reason. Weeks past and he began verbally abusing me saying I was useless and I wasn't his son. He disowned me to all our friends. My friends all started acting differently around me and shunned me.

  One day, my father came home and he began hitting me. My mom and sister tried to make him stop but that just made it worse. After awhile my friends joined with my father and worked for him abusing me in different ways. I guess I wasn't giving them enough satisfaction becauee that is when they started torturing my mother and sister and killed them in front of me.

It was my fault; I was too weak to protect them. My father got even angrier at me because I caused them to die. He blamed me for my own sister and mother's deaths," by this time tears were streaming down my face as the memories tore at my heart, "He planned to kill me too but I escaped and ran. He found me though and stabbed me and that's when you found me. He probably still thinks I am dead."

I wiped furiously at the tears that dared to fall when I had finished. I felt strangely relieved to have shared that with someone. He looked at me shocked.

"I...I don't know what to say Craven." He said.

"It's fine. I feel better to have told you about it"

He nodded. "Sorry to ask but they never told you why they abused you?"

I shook my head and let out a sarcastic laugh. "Do people usually tell others why they are abusing them?"

He laughed too. I actually trust someone now. It was a good feeling.

He got up to change my bandages, quietly humming to himself. As he gently removed the bandages, I felt him freeze in shock. I studied his face and slowly trailed my eyes down to my chest where he was staring at as if it were the most alien thing to him. The area that was supposed to have a huge deep, bloody gash was completely smooth. My wounds were healed without a trace or any indication to what was there before.

He stared at my chest where my wounds were supposed to be and whipped his eyes to my face. His face suddenly becoming deathly pale. Damn, I forgot to tell him I heal quickly.

He backed away from me, bumping into his cart of medical equipment, "Uhh Craven... I have to go get someon...thing. I'll be back." He hurriedly left the room shutting the door behind him with a click that signalled he locked the door.

My eyes opened widely, he was getting someone and I was trapped in here. I need to get the hell out of here, and quickly.

YAAYY CHAPTER 3.Hope whoever reads this likes it. Please vote or comment. How bout both!