Purple

"Why you commenting heart eyes on that bitch picture anyway?" Peyton asked, holding my phone in her hand.

I just shrugged.
"I wanted to."

"But why?" Peyton grew annoyed.

"Her ass was fat and she looked good" I admit. "why else?"

Peyton looked at me angrily for a while in disbelief, until her eyes glossed over and she started blinking back tears.

I sighed.
Here she goes.

"Why do I keep letting you play me?" She sniffed.

"You ain't ever going to take me serious."

I rolled my eyes as she wiped her now red face.

Bitches be too sensitive for me.

"Taymor hurt my feelings". "
"Taymor played me"
"Taymor cheated"
"Taymor don't love me."

blah blah blah.

"Taymor, I can't fuck with you no more." Peyton said grabbing her purse.

"Over some damn Instagram comments?" I scoffed.

"You need to chill out. It's never that serious."

"It is that serious!" She shouted.

"Why you got me looking dumb?" She stressed.

"You be in my ear talking about how you gonna "mAkE mE yOurs" but you ain't nothing but a liar!"

"What do you want from me!" I questioned.

"Commitment?"

She rolled her eyes and waved me off, pulling her bag over her arm as she stuffed her charger back in it.

I watched her actions that were filled with attitude. She can't be for real.

"Now you want to be my girlfriend or something?" I asked. "Even after I cheated on Keisha with you...You still think being my girlfriend will mean anything different to me? You're not even going to consider the fact that I'm not loyal? You really think a relationship is what we need?" I ranted, questioning her motives.

She nodded hesitantly as if she had already considered all the things wrong with being with me.

She knows my ways yet ... She still wants me?

"You know what..."I started.
"You my girl now, fuck it."

"You happy?" I asked sarcastically.

Her face lit up and she pulled me into a hug with a smile.

Her happiness was kind of cute so I hugged back and cracked a smile myself, I never thought words were something to be taken seriously but I'm not going to promise her anything that's not true.

But if she honestly wants the title, she can have it.

Who knows...maybe she'll change me.

Probably not.

•••

I groaned waking up with Peyton underneath me. I don't even remember falling asleep but seeing as how we're both naked, it makes sense why.

I looked down at her light skin noticing faint red marks covering her neck and collar bone and smirked to myself at the artwork.

Her hair, a frizzy mess, laid out on the bed everywhere as her lips parted only enough to let out her light snores.

She's beautiful, I can't deny the fact.

After taking in her peaceful state I rolled off her gently, not disturbing her the slightest bit.

I laid on the other side of the bed and pulled my phone off the charger checking my notifications.

Scrolling through, I expected the usual: "You okay?" text from Nick that he sends at least 3 times a day or even some memes.

Strangely, I hadn't gotten any from him at all.

"Weird." I mumbled.

Opening Instagram to satisfy my boredom, I had 84 new likes and 16 unopened DM's—instantly making me confused.

Looking at my profile I noticed a new post on my account. Clicking on it, I seen that it was a picture of me and Peyton as I slept on top of her with the caption: "mine💗🔐 #gf "

I scrunched up my face finding it a little obsessive. I mean we literally just made it official TODAY.

Clicking on the comments there were over 54 all from girls:

@ tshawtyy_: y'all cute 👀
@ brebrexx: but he was just—ok go off sis.
@ mandaaaa09: Oop
@ jayybabyyy: ^^
@ kekee_cute: OH.
@ bracefacemya: 😂😂😂
@ daniiinad: you're pretty 😊
@ dejaaah: @imaniix3 look sis 💀
@ mirah.mirah: imma just sit here and eat my food.
@ skye.417: Aw 💗

I rolled my eyes after scrolling through a few and just turned off the commenting period.

I didn't even bother to check my DMs. I don't feel like explaining myself to nobody right now considering I literally had just tweeted "single." last night before I got drunk but shit happens.

So let's just see where this thing with Peyton goes for a little while.

Closing Instagram, I went to my messages seeing Nick had read the last thing I sent him at 11:44 am. It's 7:45 now and he still has yet to text back.

...strange.

I sighed remembering he left in a bothered manner this morning and opened my call log.

Clicking on his name it rang a few before he answered.

"Yes?" He asked with a slight hint of attitude in his voice.

"Wassup?" I asked.
"You alright?"

"I'm fine."

"oh..Umm...where you at?" I asked hearing laughing in the background.

"I'm with Zion." He admitted.

I rolled my eyes. I don't get along too well with that nigga considering he's always trying to be Nick's best friend like that position isn't already filled.

"Whatever." I huffed.
"I'll talk to you later then."

"Bye." Nick said a few seconds before hanging up.

I watched as the call screen disappeared and my phone flashed with 4 more messages that I didn't even want to be bothered with.

I need a drink.