8. Invitation.

FURY POV:
I sit and have dinner with the Avengers since I'm not needed elsewhere on the helicarrier right now, the door swings open and in walks Thor with a tired look on his face, Rogers jumps up "Thor! Are you okay!?" "I will be. I'm heading back to Asgard, I just came by to tell you it has all been dealt with and I need the items." We hand over the items "Tomorrow there will be a party in Asgard, Mother has invited everyone who was in this room when she was here before."

Looks like we'll be calling Dean back.

"Thor." He looks to me "Your hammer-" His eyes widen "Mjolnir! Where is she!? Is she okay!? Where was that museum again!? Take me there!" "Calm down, it's here." I walk round the table and pull out the chair, he looks very pale and confused "But how? Was it you Director?" "No." Stark shouts the answer "JADE! She brought it here!" His eyes widen even more "Lady Jade can handle Mjolnir?" Stark smirks "You got some competition buddy."

Maybe this isn't a good time to make him feel bad.

I interrupt before things get any worse "Where and when should we be ready?" "Uh, tomorrow, 4:30pm, the roof. Wear formal clothing." He hesitates and picks up his hammer, he scurries out of the room.

THOR POV:
I return to Asgard and head straight to the throne room, I hand the items over to some Guards who have already been given their orders, I approach my father on the throne, Mother at his side. I place Mjolnir down in front of me and kneel "You told me to tell you if anyone was capable of lifting Mjolnir." My father responds "Somebody is worthy?" "Yes." I look up at his interested face "Someone from Midgard." His interest turns to confusion.

Maybe I shouldn't have said anything.

"How is that possible?" "I don't have proof, but my hammer was not where I left her." "We will meet them." "At the party tomorrow." "Good, you will introduce us and we shall see for sure." The next day I head to Midgard shortly before everyone should be ready and waiting, when they make their way onto the roof I look over their choice of clothing. Stark, Rogers, Banner and Barton are wearing tuxedos, Lady Natasha is wearing a black dress and the Director is wearing full black, but it's definitely more formal than usual "Where is Lady Jade?" The Director replies "She's on her way, getting picked up and brought here."

Good, Father would be disappointed if she didn't come.

I decide to start taking people since I can only take 2 at a time, first I take the Director and Banner, when we arrive and they are greeted by Heimdall I tell them not to go anywhere. I go back and drop off Rogers and Stark, then Lady Natasha and Barton. Once I've dropped them off Lady Sif and my mother are waiting "Lady Sif, Mother, these are the Avengers and Director of S.H.I.E.L.D." My mother speaks "Is that everyone?" "One more." "We'll all go ahead, you bring the other." "Yes Mother." They lead the Avengers along the bridge and I head back to the helicarrier.

Only about a minute after I arrive a figure steps onto the roof, I turn to see... a man? He's wearing a pair of smart black leather shoes, a pair of smart black trousers being held up by black braces. He's then wearing a pastel green collared long-sleeved shirt buttoned all the way up and topped off with a black bow tie. He approaches me "Where's everyone else?" My eyes widen as the voice tells me this isn't a man, it's Lady Jade.

I see what she means by she's not a lady.

"You aren't wearing a dress." "I don't wear dresses, if you want I can go home and not attend." "No! It doesn't matter what you wear, you're coming." "Alright." I hold out my arm to her and she takes it, we travel to Asgard, as soon as we arrive Heimdall looks curiously at her and she gives him the same look back "I love your outfit Heimdall." "Thank you Milady." She quietly laughs, I walk her along the rainbow bridge towards the ballroom where I'm hoping Father won't throw a fit when he sees a woman in men's clothing.

The Guards open the doors and we walk in, music is playing, people are talking and laughing, everyone's happy. I notice my parents talking and Loki standing near them, the Avengers keep looking over at him. I look down at the amazement on Lady Jade's face "You like it?" "Yeah. I don't like modern stuff on Earth, but this, this is beautiful." "Thank you. Come, let's introduce you to my family." Her eyes widen "Your family?" "Of course, the others would have already met them." "Right, okay." Jade walks a little behind me as we approach my family who have just noticed me.

JADE POV:
I'm following Thor and looking around the room in awe, trying my best to keep my nervousness and amazement off my face. I notice the Avengers and Nick, their eyes widen a little when they see me. Tony mouths something but I don't understand, I just smile and focus on following Thor through the partiers. When he stops I manage to stop just before bumping into him, I then take a deep breath getting rid of all emotion from my face and step to his side.

You've got this Jade, they're just the Asgardian royal family, you've already met the Queen.

I bow along with Thor, we then both stand straight but I don't make eye contact, instead I look at what they're wearing. The woman is wearing gold heels and a pastel pink dress, the man on her left is wearing gold and the man on her right, opposite me, is wearing green.