3. Connections.

JADE POV:
Nick faces me "Ms Dean?" "I've got plenty of information." Some of them breathe a sigh of relief, Tony speaks "Let's see your notes then." I smile and shake my head "I don't have any, I have a photographic memory." "Awesome!" I think back to the sphere and tell them everything I've learnt, they are vigorously typing and writing down notes. Once I've explained everything Nick speaks "Did anyone get any old photographs of the items?"

Photographs... Wait, maybe they're appearances are how they're linked...

I stand up and point to a whiteboard in the corner "Mind if I borrow it?" "Sure." I pull it into view and look at the 4 different coloured pens, I pick up the black one split the board into four squares and number them 1-4. I then pick up the red pen and move to square 1, I think back to the goblet and picture 1 side of it in my mind, I draw not the goblet, but the pattern on it. Once I'm done I move down to square 3 below it and draw the pattern on the opposite side of the goblet. I hear people behind me questioning what I'm doing, but I ignore them and focus.

Next let's draw the box, how about we start with the top and bottom.

I trade the red for the green and move to square 2, I draw the pattern off the lid of the box, I then move to the square below it and draw the base of the box. I take a step back and look at the patterns, I feel someone standing close to me on my left, I look sideways to see Bruce "What are these?" "Some of the patterns off the objects, bare with me a sec." I look between square 1 and 3, not the same, neither are 2 and 4.

So the patterns on the same object aren't the same, let's see if they match different objects.

I look between square 1 and 2, no match, 3 and 4, no match "Hmm... How about...?" 1 and 4 don't match either but 2 and 3 have me thinking, I notice an identical shape amongst the design "How about that..." "What you got?" I jump slightly, completely forgetting Bruce was by my side "Take a look at this." I rub squares 1 and 4 clean, I then draw the particular shape on both 2 and 3 with the black pen over the other coloured ink. I look between the designs again.

Wait a second... this pattern actually seems familiar to me...

"I know this pattern. How do I know it?" I think about the pattern and search my mind, I click my fingers "Sixth Form trip to a museum in Pennsylvania, I saw a cane with this design on the handle, I'm pretty sure it had that shape too." By this time everyone in the room had walked over to have a look, I pick up the blue pen and draw a pattern in box 1, part of the sphere, obviously not a side, but the part with this shape on it. The shape is there and the pattern around it is once again similar, but none of the 3 are completely matching except for the shape. I pick up the black pen and draw the shape on that pattern too "Square 1 is part of the sphere's pattern from this morning, square 2 is the lid off the box from yesterday and square 3 is one side of the Goblet. The pattern isn't the same over the whole object, but this shape is on all three." I turn to face Nick "And I know at least one other with the same shape."

Actually, I should probably confirm it.

I pick the black pen up and draw the pattern from years ago, like it's still fresh in my memory, again it's similar but not the same apart from the symbol which I make bolder with the black "That's the pattern on the cane."

So we've got one more target figured, but how many more are there? We can't just search every museum in the USA or even the whole planet, can we?

"Good job Ms Dean." "Just call me Jade. But that's only four linked, we still don't know how many there are." "You think this symbol is on everything they're taking?" "Definitely." "Then we'll figure it out. Let's see where each location is first." We walk over to a map of the USA on a wall, Nick puts a red pin to match the red drawing in the right area in Utah, he then puts a green pin in North Idaho and a blue pin in North Dakota "Where did you say the other one is?" I take a black pin from him and place it on the most accurate place I can in Pennsylvania. I notice how far away my pin is from the other 3.

That doesn't seem right, unless there are a lot of others they're collecting.