5 ; chaleur

10th of October, 1018
Xavier Robson

Dear Amaya,

I could hardly roll over out of bed tomorrow, I had a thumping headache which soon increased the more I listened to things. Even after gulping down some painkillers, entering school the loud constant noise sent sirens through my brain. As usual I brushed it off though.

I made it through history and economics before finally colliding at full speed into my blonde, hitting his chest making me feel dizzy

"So sorry- Xavier! Just the person I'm looking for" He sped quickly ushering us in the opposite direction to where I was planning to.

"Why were you looking for me." I had said rubbing my head trying to control the dizziness.

"Um you're my bestfriend so..."

"bestfriends are we now?" He smirked at my sarcasm, he couldn't deny that he didn't love my saltiness and sarcastic personality.

"yeah besties."

"do I have to wear a friendship bracelet now?" The conversation went back in forth all the way to the willow tree. It was getting colder as we had started heading towards winter, the leaves of our tree dropping and the wind a little more bitter as the days go by.

Daniel was sitting under already shivering out of his skin and Corbyn snickered at the sight.

"Little chilly Dani?"

"Shut the fuck up Corbyn"

"Corbitch" I corrected, causing them to both intensely stare at me before Daniel chuckles while Corbyn's jaw drop.

"You can't call me that!" I just nod hoisting Daniel off the ground who joins in against Corbyn.

"We need a new spot."

"I already have one." I say contently leading us around the school.

I didn't really want to take them to our place Amaya but the cold just got to me as did it get to Daniel. Plus we weren't going to be using the space any time soon. I climbed the bleachers at the football oval and quietly opened the scorers box. The scorers box was a room like "box" that they used to score the football it was empty everyday till Friday evening.

"This is a bit nifty." I blinked twice, no one should use the word nifty especially an 18 year old Daniel. Corbyn had the same stare but moved around the room with the little time left of our break. His movements was always smooth and calculative. His eyes never darted just scanned and his face naturally was always calm as his features were soft with his hair hanging slightly forward. I'd noticed his strong forearms and his hands were oddly large. He always wore something that suited him, rarely falling into trend. He was a nice human in general. Too good for me.

"I think this is good but we should get to class" Corbyn and I had both nodded at Daniel leaving the room quietly with Daniel pretty much sprinting once a step out of the room powering to class. It meant that Corbyn and I were left to each other's silent company walking into the buildings close to each other's side.

"when will you text me?" I furrowed my eyebrows at him as the halls got quieter and quieter till we were swiftly moving by ourselves. We were five minutes late but my body wouldn't move any faster in it's tired and light headed state.

"I never had the reason..." I said waving softly turning to the left to go to my locker but he had grabbed my arm gently.

I didn't know what to expect but the words that came out of his mouth wasn't exactly what I had expected. They rolled off the tongue and so easily before his lips turned into a slight smile.

Let's skip class.

I have never skipped a class in all my 17 years. But it felt so easy as I followed Corbyn out of the side door down the narrow path to the car park, quickly sliding into his black cars passenger seat invisibly.

"pass me your phone." Frowning I had passed him my phone before he rolled his eyes meaning to open it. Shyly I opened it, before handing it back to him. He quickly went through my contacts, he wasn't going to find his name. The piece had stayed in the back of my phone with zero action.

"hmm for someone like you I didn't expect this."

"sorry?"

"I had least expected you to keep-" that's when he pulled off my cheap case, the little piece falling onto his lap. His smirked widened more than I had expected or seen.

"well still who I thought you were."

"should I be offended?" I had asked staring into his blue eyes before he shook now smiling placing it back in the case and clipping it back onto the phone, handing it back.

"you're a strange human Xavier."

"wow feeling so loved"

"well you are."
I froze Amaya, my head, my body, my lungs, my heart freaked out.

I couldn't remember the last time I'd received affection. All I could think of was you and it made me want to break down into heavy sobs but instead I flinched looking out the window at the trees lining the school. Corbyn moved gently in his seat and looking at the reflection I could see confusion in his face but he dropped it instantly making a shaky breath fall out of my system.

"sorry."
He whispered, his hand resting gently on my knee.

"you didn't do anything."
I raised my cheeks sympathetically looking at him and his face which I was becoming slightly infatuated with.

we talked for the whole period avoiding touchy subjects like earlier till the watch clicked to the time between periods.

Amaya it was nice to stop for a second and just talk gently with soft words in the warmth of a car. I haven't done that in a while, I sold my car.

Memories of us doing that had filled my mind and once again you were stuck in my thoughts and I felt like the image of Corbyn was slowly slipping from my head.