I am a murderer...

The one thing he'd tried so hard not to become. The part of his genetics he'd fought his entire life and he'd already succumbed to it. He was far from a good man, in fact, he was the opposite. He was just as bad as those that had killed his brothers.

"I...I don't remember that" Creed whispered hoarsely after a long moment, not sure what else to say. The medic nodded and turned to adjust the monitors some.

"You seem to be doing alright now. But we may have to restrain you if any sign of this violence returns. For our safety and yours."

Creed nodded hollowly, his eyes fixed on the floor. How could he be a good brother to Chaos when he'd already killed innocent people. He wasn't a good man like Haze and Specter and Skate had been. He was a murderer, a monster created by the Republic.

And I wasn't strong enough to fight it...

Hours eventually turned into days and days into weeks of slow recovery. Chaos came to visit every day, sometimes napping in the medbay while Creed read to him or just spending the night. Creed didn't mind the least. It kept him sane, gave him a purpose, and he loved spending time with his little brother. After the first couple of weeks, Creed was well enough to get up and move about. He couldn't leave the medbay but he was allowed to walk around and it was encouraged as his body healed so he didn't lose muscle mass.

"Creed!" Chaos called out as he ran down the hall, slowing enough to a walk so he didn't run into the older man.

"Hey, vod'ika," Creed said, pulling away from the medic helping him and kneeling down a little to hug Chaos. He kissed the boy's head before carefully and sorely straightening up.

"I got the whole evening off, so I can spend it with you," Chaos said brightly, beaming. Creed grinned and ruffled up his hair, ignoring the slightly sour look he got from Chaos at that.

"Well then, why don't you accompany me on my walk so the medic here can get back to work," Creed added, glancing back at the man. The medic gave him a bit of a wary look like he wasn't entirely sure he trusted Creed on his own with just a kid to aid him, but after a minute he nodded and turned to head off and help someone else.

"Gladly," Chaos said and took Creed's hand, grinning. Creed smiled and gripped his younger brother's hand firmly.

"So, can I show you somewhere special?" he asked, looking down at Chaos. He watched as the kid looked up at him, trusting and happy. Creed smiled more to see Chaos beaming. The worry that had once plagued the boy's features was gone now and Creed was more than happy to see it.

"I thought you couldn't leave the medbay," Chaos said, cocking his head some.

"I can't, but we don't have too," Creed said, starting to limp carefully down the hall as he led Chaos along with him. Chaos seemed confused but he followed anyway, making sure to keep up with Creed and support him.

Creed got them down one of the halls to the service lift and he glanced around carefully before leading Chaos inside and punching the top button. Chaos looked hopelessly confused but Creed simply reassured him that he knew what he was doing. The lift jerked a little and then started upwards and Creed just put his hands on Chaos' shoulders, smiling at him. Chaos smiled back, though his brow was still furrowed as he didn't understand.

Creed knew he would soon, though.

The lift eventually settled to a stop and the doors creaked open, revealing a small room with a staircase leading up. Creed led Chaos off the lift and towards the staircase. He headed up the stairs, having a little difficulty, but with Chaos' help he got up the short flight of steps and pushed open the small hinged door to the roof of the building. He crawled out first, making sure it wasn't too slick and then he helped Chaos up and got him settled beside him on the top of the roof. The rain was still pattering heavily around them but Creed pulled Chaos tight into his arms and tried to shield him some from the rain, watching as Chaos looked around with wide eyes.