Chapter 2 - New in Town

Start from the beginning

They were so beautiful.

"Well you're late, and I'd appreciate it if you'd knock having entered well into class time." He said sternly, forcing me to my senses.

I blushed immediately, and barely managed to get out my apology, "S-sorry! I-I'm new...Got lost." Looking down I hastily ran to take the only empty seat in class which was near the front. Cringing as my chair scraped loudly along the floor, I felt everyone's attention honing in on me.

"I see that you've got a map in your hand. Are you here for lessons on how to read it? I do teach English, not geography." He spoke whilst the room sniggered and the girls around me shot me looks, irked that I had the spotlight.

I let my hair fall in curtains in front of my face to cover the red that was now burning my cheeks. My fists were overcome with sweat as I fumed silently. Jesus, who invited the freaking king? He could cut me some slack, I said I got lost. 

This stupid man was the dangerous kind, anyone could just tell. Confident at speaking and a hit with all the ladies. He was hot and knew how to work it to his advantage. Not to mention, he was also a major douche.

"I'm only pulling your leg," he smirked before breaking out into a slick smile.
"Don't worry, I'm new too. I went into the wrong classroom yesterday and taught for about ten minutes before I put on my glasses and saw that the students were in their sports gear. I mean I don't mind teaching Rugby, but that wasn't why I was hired!" He chuckled loudly and the other students laughed along with him. Though I didn't quite appreciate his humour. 

"Yeah right, I don't get why you keep saying you're new Rose when you're not? Stop trying to get out of a late pass." Someone replied sharply causing the laughter to stop abruptly. I looked up to see Cassie who was sitting in front of me, glaring with accusation.

Oh great, I'd chosen the spot behind her by accident. And what was her obsession with letting others know that I wasn't "new"?

"Is something the matter girls?" Mr. Green asked, looking confused between Cassie and I. There was an unmistakable awkward feeling in the air.

"Not at all, sir." She battered her eyelids cheerfully and straightened herself before flashing a bright white pearly my way. "Right Rose?"

My eyes went wide. I could see her pink bra peeking out from the top of her uniform. Would the old me have done that too? I shivered at yet another possibility of what an alternate Rose Harper would have been like.

Mr. Green peered at us for a second longer before deciding to proceed with class. Clasping his hands together he began, "Anyway as I was saying, this is my first year at Larrington High School. It is a pleasure to meet you all, my wonderful year 12s. May we all get along well this year!"

"Oi, aren't you too young to be a teacher or something?" James Macker, a boy with messy wild hair called out. He was about one of the few only students I remembered from my previous time here. His hair was still the same explosion of ferocious red on the top of his head against his pale skin which often reminded very much of Ronald McDonald. I felt my tension relax slightly as he offered a small ounce of familiarity. It was more than I would find in my beloved ex-best friend.

"Or aren't you too hot to be one?" Another girl followed. Some loud hoots around the class ensued. I roll my eyes as people who have obviously done their background research on him began pouring in their input.

"Mr. Green, why did you quit modeling when you became a teacher? My sister saw you in a magazine before!"

"Mr. Green, my brother was in your Rugby team back in 2006. Do you remember him? His name was Scottie Black!"