Chapter 4: High Tension

Start from the beginning

"I don't know what you're saying-"

"Oh you know what I'm saying," you tut turning away from him to gaze out over the sparkling sea... Your anger refused to diminish. "You're never there for me, let alone at home," there began the long list of reasons to back up a pestering claim. "I understand that you're a pro hero and you're always saving people and having jobs to do, but you're rarely ever home... I don't think you have a clue as to what I'm going through..." Your anger simmered down just a tad, not much though. Not enough to end this argument at all.

"What do you mean?" All Might reached out for your hand with hesitation.

"Sorry to intrude!" Midoriya stepped in between you both. Thankful that he had to ruin your father's attempts to make up. "All Might sir, haven't you noticed (Y/n) has anxiety disorders?" All Might's jaw moved, nothing but choked noises left his throat. "She almost had a heart attack on the first day of school when Aizawa called her out. (Y/n) isn't making friends, and she's being bullied too. I'm guessing there's a lot more to this, today was the first time me and (Y/n) ever spoke..." Midoriya fiddled with his hands, the tension so thick it could be cut with a knife and passed around on dishes. He just stood up to his role-model. For once you were thankful to have someone speak on your behalf.

"Well clearly there's a whole lot more to this than I ever knew," your father regrets to admit. "Why didn't you tell me what's been going on (Y/n)?"

"Cause You're never home or answer your cell!" You snapped again. "We haven't had a real conversation in weeks cause-did you know-that I tried out for UA in order to impress you and so that you would stay home and spend more time with me?"

"I didn't know-"

"Well I also didn't even pass the entrance exam!" You growled ripping at the ends of your hair stressfully hearing the pop and breaks of your roots from the scalp of your head. "One Pro Hero pulled some strings and got me into the hero course. I'm guessing that hero is you," you couldn't help but to glare at your father. You were already feeling guilty for joining the hero course when another student deserved it more than yourself, but if All Might pulled those strings, you'll never forgive him. Nothing is worse than getting something out of pity.

"I didn't even know you got into UA until your Acceptance Letter arrived. It wasn't me," your father claimed with an eerie stress to fill his deep voice. No doubt he was telling the truth.

"Then... Who?" You asked in puzzlement. "Well either way, I'm pissed! P-I-S-S-E-D pissed!!! We already rarely have the time to spend with each other, and what little time we had left you're too busy treating Midoriya like a son more than your REAL daughter!" You spun on your heel, using that damned inherited quirk of your father's to run as far away as the quirk could carry you. All Might were truly taken back by the outburst of emotions that just relayed to him again and again like a video on repeat. His entire world just crumbled atop of him.

"Fuck..." The blonde tugged at the ends of his bangs. "I had no clue..."

"I don't think you can mend your relationship with (Y/n)..." Midoriya scratched the back of his neck awkwardly, his other hand fiddled with the hem of his uniform coat. "She was already understanding of your occupation as a pro hero, but you could've at least invited her out to my training sessions All Might. That was an entire year of preparation... Otherwise this could've been avoided and your relationship with (Y/n) would be stronger than ever before..." All Might regrets to admit that Midoriya wasn't wrong, so he never did admit it for the little boy's ears to catch.

You were surprised beyond everything you knew when your father never returned home that night. Yes, you stayed up until well past midnight with the faint belief that All Might would come home and make amends in one way shape or form. You wouldn't forgive him even if he were to try though. All Might royally screwed up as a father and he won't even take the blame. What father rarely spends time with his child and still thinks everything is Hunky Dory?