zero.

00

00. | Prologue

The battle waged on, shields being shattered, once sharp blades now broken, leaving the men, elves, and dwarves with nothing but their courage to defend the kingdom of Erebor. Bilbo Baggins watched as five familiar faces rode on the rough terrain of the mountain on goats making their way to Ravenhill.

"Gandalf, it's Thorin, Fili, Kili, Dwalin, and?" Bilbo squinted to see their fifth companion, "and Alycia!" Bilbo exclaimed a shadow of doubt growing in his mind, "Where are they going?"

Gandalf needed no time to know the reason, "Thorin is taking his best warriors." He began looking at Alycia as she rode swiftly keeping up with the four Dwarves.

"To do what?" Bilbo asked again making the wizard narrow his eyes in suspicion, "To cut the head off the snake." He finished, putting his hand on the hobbits small shoulder, easing not only Bilbo's thoughts but also his own as well.

"Our dear Alycia will be fine, Master Baggins. She has fought through many wars and survived many days without us."

The galloping of obnoxious horse hooves could be heard amongst the chaos of Dale, the noise echoing off the walls louder than the slashing of metal on metal, "Gandalf!" The Elven prince yelled, grabbing the wizard's attention instantly, "There is a second army. Bolg leads a force of Gundabad Orcs. They are almost upon us!" He said leaping gracefully off the back of the animal, as did the She-elf behind him, jumping off the shared steed.

The hope of winning the battle was now thinning to none as Gandalf processed the new information, "This was their plan all along. Azog engages our forces, then Bolg sweeps in from the North."

Bilbo began to panic making his words stutter as he looked around, "The North. Where is the North?

"Ravenhill." The mention of the hill his friends were fighting on was enough for him to go cold, colder than death.

"Ravenhill? Thorin is up there, Fili, Kili, and Alycia. They're all up there!"

The name Alycia caught Legolas off guard making him forget about the dangers around him. Knowing she was in harms way made his blue eyes look to the hill seeing her fighting effortlessly from afar. Just the mere thought of her being amongst the slain made his heart ache.

The two Woodland elves scrabbled to find their great king, Thranduil, fearful the people they cared about would be claimed by the war at any passing moment. Legolas and Tauriel were split apart during the madness making them go on their own paths. Minutes had passed and Legolas continued to kill as many of the enemies as he possibly could hoping it would help him find his father faster.