Chapter 2

After Jisung finished changing, he got out of the shower room and went to the school grounds to wait for his ride. While waiting, he received a phone call from his mother.

"Hello, Jisung. I assumed your classes for the day are already finished."

"Yes Mom. I'm still waiting for Shindong hyung to pick me up. Why did you call me, Mom?" Jisung asked.

"Ah yes. I was just checking you out. By the way, when you arrive at home, I instructed Shindong to dress you up in a nice suit and tie, you'll be joining me in the dinner meeting tonight with our business partner."

"But Moooom! Dinner meetings are always boooooring! I don't wanna go!" Jisung whined.

"No "buts" hon! You have no choice, you'll be joining me. Plus, I assure you, you won't get bored this time. You'll see" Jisung's mom replied with a playful tone.

"Okay Mom. See you at home. Love you!" Jisung hanged up the phone.

He really hates dinner meetings. His mom is always immersed on talks about how to expand the business, yet he doesnt enjoy it and easily got bored.

"Hmmm. I wonder why Mom said that I'll enjoy the meeting tonight.." he wondered while waiting for his ride.

Chenle and his mom arrived early at the restaurant. It was a five-star restaurant, really famous in Korea. The dinner courses are highly recommended by the food critics for its taste. Chef Taeyong, the world renowned chef by his creations, is the owner of the restaurant.

Chenle's family personally knows Chef Taeyong. They always hire him for food services when they have important events in their home. Plus, Chef Taeyong is the instructor of Chenle in cooking. He really loves food so thats why Chenle insisted his mom to enroll him in Taeyong's cooking class.

As they seated at the table, Taeyong approached them.

"Good Evening Mrs. Zhong. I am honored to serve you tonight."

"Hello Taeyong. I personally chose your restaurant for this meeting. I highly expect on what you are serving for us tonight."

"Yes, Mrs. Zhong. Its my pleasure. Please look forward to it."

Taeyong looked at Chenle with an eye smile.

"Hello kiddo! You've grown a lot! I assumed you're a great cook now?" Taeyong teased.

"Yes Taeyong hyung! I can now cooked at home with the dishes you taught me. And yes, they are delicious, I learned from the best." Chenle winked.

"Believe me, Taeyong. My son has improved a lot. I was the taste tester, and it taste decently" Mrs. Zhong replied with a smirked.

"Mooooooom!" Chenle whined.

"Hahahaha just kidding. But to be honest, Chenle really improved in cooking. In the past, he can't even peel and slice vegetables." His mom replied.

"Mooooooom! You're embarassing me!"

Taeyong laughed at the scene. "Well, I shall go to the kitchen to prepare. Nice to see you again, Mrs. Zhong and Chenle". After that, Taeyong leaves and goes to the kitchen.

"Mom? Who are we meeting tonight?" Chenle asked.

"You'll see." Mrs. Zhong replied with a grin on her face.

Five minutes later, two persons are approaching to their table. Chenle can't clearly see who they are.

"Wendy! Over here!" Mrs. Zhong waving her hand at them.

"Seulgi! Nice to see you again! You looked really young!" the woman said.

The two sat on the table with them. Chenle couldn't believe his own eyes. Jisung is sitting in front of him. Jisung also is experiencing the same situation.

They both yelled in unison. "Yoooouuu! What are you doing here?!"

"Easy boys!" Mrs. Park exclaimed. "I did'nt know you both knew each other".

"Yeah well, we are attending the same school. Basically, we are sou-school mates." Jisung replied with a grin.

"Mom! You didnt told me that we are meeting them!" Chenle replied with a hint of feeling betrayed on his tone.

"I wanted to surprise you, hon. I know that you and Jisung are getting together really well at school."

"Yes Mom, we really are." Chenle replied sarcastically while looking at Jisung.

Jisung on the other hand, keeps preventing himself to laugh. He really enjoyed seeing Chenle in this kind of situation. "Cute. He's like a baby." Jisung muttered to himself with a smile on his face.

"Well? Shall we eat? I'll ask the waiter to serve the food. I assure you Wendy, you'll love the food here. And also, I hoped it would fit on your taste, Jisung." Mrs. Zhong said with a smile.

"Okay Seulgi. Im looking forward to it. And don't worry about Jisung, he practically eats everything."

"Mooooom! You're embarassing me!" Jisung whined to his mom.

Chenle laughed at the scene in front of him. Jisung looked at him. He mouthed at Jisung, "You're such a baby!"

Jisung replied, "No Im not. You're the baby here" while sticking out his tongue.

The food arrived just in time. Both boys widened their eyes in the feast in front of them. "Dig in, boys! Don't be shy!" Jisung and Chenle started eating, they both really love food.

After eating, their table is cleaned up by the waiter. After that, they started serving the dessert. A tiramisu cake and a jasmine tea. Chenle and Jisung took a bite on the cake and they both exclaimed, "Its delicious!" They have realized that they said it on the same time and both of their faces are now a blushing mess. Both of their mothers are silently laughing at the scene in front of them.

Both of the mothers are now engaged in a friendly yet serious talk over a cup of tea. Chenle decided to get involved in their conversation.

"Mom? Why did you meet Jisung's mother? I'm pretty sure this is a serious talk because you want us to be involved in here." Chenle said while giving her mother an eyeing looks.

"Actually, Wendy and I are bestfriends in highschool. We're quite inseparable, always talk of the town because we always cause trouble back in that time."

"Yes my dear Chenle" Wendy Park said. "After graduating in highschool, we promise to keep in touch always and never ignore each other. Our dream is to become a successful businesswoman, and here we are, living in that dream" wendy said with a uncontainable smile.

Both Jisung and Chenle are so immersed in their mother's story. They felt really proud of their accomplishments.

"So? What does it have to do with us?" Jisung asked suspiciously.

"Actually, we also made a promise to each other that when the right time comes, we'll marry off our youngest children to each other."

Jisung and Chenle looked at each other with wide eyes and laugh at the same time.

"Mooooom! Stop joking! I would never marry this smartass!" Chenle hissed.

"Chenle! Watch your language!" Seulgi said while eyeing his son.

"Me too! I would never marry that dumbass." Jisung added.

"Jiiiiissssuuuuung!" Wendy glared at her son.

Deep inside, Jisung is imagining the situation where he would walk in the aisle with Chenle and it gave him butterflies in his stomach. "Not bad" he thought.

"There's nothing you can do. We've already prepared for the announcement of your wedding. And the wedding shall be commenced next month!" Wendy said with a joyful laugh.

" WHAAAAAAAT?!" Jisung and Chenle looking at each other, both yelled in unison.

Jisung, with a smirk, whispered to himself, "This is going to be fun."