He turned the corner, trying to pick up his pace but his leg was seriously bothering him as he limped down the hallway. He glanced down at it, pausing as he looked at the way the cast bulged out underneath the pants leg.

You don't need it. It's making your leg hurt.

Just remove it, you'll be fine.

Creed frowned, but nodded in agreement with them and knelt down slowly, breaking off the cast and throwing it aside before standing. He took a quick step and nearly collapsed, agonizing pain shooting up through his leg. He grabbed the wall and hissed through his teeth, but steeled his whole body. He took a moment to recover, then he pushed off the wall and gritted his teeth as he sprinted down the hall.

He made it a few corridors before he had to stop, struggling simply not to collapse. He gripped the wall and practically dragged himself down the hallway, thankfully finding himself among the first few rows of barracks. He glanced at each number, trying to recall through a foggy mind which one was Chaos'.

What if they moved him? What if we walk into the wrong one?

It was the first time Tadem had sounded so timid, but Creed knew his worries weren't invalid. Chaos was older now, they could've moved him to another barrack. They might have even moved him from the main complex into a private complex if he was any kind of specialty trooper. Creed didn't have any other choice but to check and hope the kid was still in the same place.

Wherever that place was.

Creed dragged himself to the last door and glanced at the number, knowing he was completely and utterly lost. He had no idea where he was going, where he was supposed to be going, or even where he really was. The only thing he knew for sure was he needed to find Chaos before his broken body gave out entirely.

"Creed?"

Creed thought a moment, trying to pick out which voice that one was supposed to be. It didn't match any of the other's quite properly, and it sounded more...real.

Turning his head inquisitively, Creed squinted a little to make out a foggy figure standing several feet away. The figure paused, then began to move closer, speaking. It took a moment for the words to register through the ringing pain and whispering voices, but this time it was clearer and definitely real.

"What are you doing here? You should be in the medbay..."

Frowning, Creed thought it over, trying to make sense of his own actions. What was he doing here again? Should he be in the medbay? No, they were trying to kill him there. He had to escape. He'd come for--

"Chaos," he slurred bluntly. "I came l-looking for C-Chaos...g-gotta get out..." he mumbled, looking back down at the floor and putting a hand to his head. "Y-Yeah...that's it..."

"I think you need to go back..."

Creed's head snapped around and he snarled at the figure, starting a little. "No! I'm not going back, I-I'm g-getting C-Chaos and l-leaving...d-don't try to s-stop me," he growled.

The figure skittered back, then moved forward again before reaching for Creed's hand. Creed thought about pulling away but he was too tired and hurt for that so he just looked up and narrowed his eyes, trying to make out the figure's face.

"Creed...you look sick..."

Creed began to snarl again, but as he did his vision came slightly into focus and he caught sight of the other person's features. They were younger, definitely a clone, with a telltale shock of wild black hair. Creed dropped the snarl instantly, his eye's widening a little as suddenly his grip on the cadet's hand tightened.