44 - The Cheerleader and The Cage Fighter... Are Dance Partners?

Start from the beginning

The way that he was looking at me was so sweet that it made me want to melt.

"Morning" I whispered, hoping to avoid any croaky morning man voice.

He smiled down at me, before leaning closer to peck me softly on the lips.

Yes, I definitely could wake up like this every day, it was pure bliss.

I enjoyed the moment before I remembered the source of my embarrassment and I groaned, pulling the covers up over my face.

Liam laughed and pulled the covers down to expose my tomato face.

"So... I had a surprise last night" he grinned, and I knew that his chocolate eyes were twinkling even if I had my eyes squeezed shut as if it would reduce my embarrassment.

"Yeah, sorry about that"

I was the worst seductress ever.

"Don't be embarrassed" he said softly, pulling me into his arms so that my head was on his chest.

"I wasn't supposed to fall asleep" I pouted against his chest, "I had proper plans for us"

Plans that didn't involve passing out alone.

"And just what were those plans?" he asked in a low voice, brushing his hand up and down my back.

He knew exactly what I'd planned.

"Well I wasn't dressed like that so that we could sit and do a crossword together" I grumbled.

I was really annoyed with myself for ruining it all.

His chest shook as he laughed at me, I wasn't surprised - I sounded like a petulant grump.

"Does it make you feel better that I considered shaking you awake?" he asked, humour still present in his tone.

It did make me feel a little bit better.

"You should have" I told him, lifting my head so that I could see his face, "I wouldn't have minded"

He smiled again, leaning down to kiss my forehead.

"Kaydie, you were out cold. I put a shirt on you in case you got cold in the night and you barely stirred. You was exhausted and needed to sleep"

He'd been a gentleman and even though it sucked, it was classic Liam.

"I feel embarrassed that you probably found me sprawled out in my underwear" I admitted.

I probably looked like Patrick the Starfish spread out on the bed - Chelsea had moaned at me many a time when she'd slept over that I take up all the room.

"Like I said, I definitely considered shaking you awake" he grinned, making me blush again, "It was so hard to cover you up and go to bed"

There was a shift in the mood and I leaned up to kiss him.

I was hoping that I wasn't rocking serious morning breath.

He pulled me up the bed so it was easier to kiss him and we lost ourselves in each other until his annoying alarm sounded again.

"That's our final wake up call" he murmured against my lips.

I reluctantly pulled away from him, knowing that we needed to go to school.

"Barbie Sleepover Pt 2 needs to happen" Liam grinned, pulling me back for one more kiss before he kicked the covers off us both.

*****************