Ch. 10

Cuidightheach heaved a sigh as he smelled Marina, "Why are you up so early again? Sleep, you need it."

"It's not my fault that I'm an early bird." she sassed back. It had been 6 years since he had taken Marina in, she had learned how to hunt with a javelin and with spiky metal gauntlets she had found amongst his piles of treasure.

"No, I guess not." he paused and Marina took it as a chance to get out of the cave, "However," he blocked her path with his tail, "you are still growing and growing girls need their sleep." She huffed.

She walked over to him, knowing she would not win this argument. She crawled under his drooping wing and snuggled up next to his heavily muscled chest. Only then did Cuidightheach open an eye, he peered at the girl under his wing. A warm smile stretched across his snout, he had gotten used to the warm feeling of love and affection now that Marina, his little beast, entered his life.

Pressing her body to his chest, his steady heartbeat sent her into a calm and peaceful state, closing her eyes and let the cool wave roll over her as her mind went blank. Within this state, she is able to feel and see what others can only dream of, the crashing of waves against her feet the salty air filling her lungs. Breathing deep, she let her body fall into the cold rough water, she got tossed around as if she were a grain of sand. Relaxing even more, her body drifted farther out to sea, the light faded as she sank to the bottom, pressure built up around her, sending her into a conscious state of complete relaxation.