The spark of determination in his eyes was solely focused on me, and I could practically hear his wolf growling at him not to fuck up in front of me.

I wasn't able to bask in the overwhelming feelings for long, and was quickly pulled away from Levi when Haze came bounding out of the pack house with his own look of determination. The rest of the group piled out behind him and I was suddenly standing between Declan and Hanji.

"I feel like I should stop him from doing this." Hanji said, a thoughtful look on her face as she watched her brother and Levi shift into their wolf forms. "There's no way in hell he's gonna be able to beat Levi, he's only going to embarrass himself and probably get hurt."

"Maybe this will teach him to shut his mouth." Declan suggested, and not even a second later he and Hanji were laughing at the idea as if it were the most ridiculous thing either of them had ever heard. My chest tightened a bit at their merciless doubt and berating of Haze, I didn't like how they mocked him, but it also wasn't my place to say anything. There was also the fact that I didn't know Haze, therefore I didn't know what brought about their rude comments. I also doubted that they did it out of hate, everyone here obviously loved Haze.

"Alright hot shot." Declan spoke in a booming voice as he walked over to where the two wolves stood side by side. I was yet again dumbfounded by the size of Levi's wolf, and for a moment I wondered if he would be able to gain enough speed with his wolfs oddly huge size. He stood a head above Haze, and I knew that something about it wasn't natural, wolves were not built like that. "You both know where the falls are, all you gotta do is make it there and-"

"How are we supposed to see them race? What if someone cheats?" I whispered to Hanji, turning a bit to face her. 

"They're both honorable men, more so when it comes to things like this. Even if no one else would even know if they cheated, there would be no real pride or satisfaction if they did." She explained, her eyes trained on the woods in a calculating way.

"I know I said before that it doesn't matter," I began, keeping my voice low so that no one else could hear. "But you guys keep hinting at the fact that Levi has an advantage. What is it?"

"He hasn't told you yet?" She asked perplexed. I tried to ignore the heavy feeling in my stomach and chest, but it was hard to fight the disappointment about the fact that there were things, that were seemingly important, that Levi hasn't told me. 

"Well...we haven't really gotten much time to talk about things." I said more for myself than Hanji. "We've talked about a few things, but we've been pretty busy with all of the plans for the ceremony and I guess...just haven't really had the time."

"I suppose." She hummed, "But it is something you should probably know before the ceremony. Once they're done with the race, I'll let you two get some alone time so that you can ask him about it yourself. It's not my place to tell you those sorts of things, sorry hun."

"It's okay, I understand." I said with a small smile before turning my attention to back to the boys who were impatiently pawing at the ground, my chest still feeling a bit tight. I was saddened by the fact that Levi hadn't discussed something that seemed so important with me, but I had to remember that we hadn't really had the time to. We had dealt with Kolt, the ceremonies, and now visiting the Moon packs, it wasn't his fault.

"Alright you two, get into position." Declan bellowed out, making my attention return to him. Levi and Haze were crouched into a running stance, their eyes trained on the woods before them, and fur raised in tense anticipation. All eyes were on the scene and everyone watched as Declan brought two fingers to his mouth before letting out a short, sharp whistle that sent the two large beasts racing off into the trees.