Chapter 1d: Regretful Disapproval Of My Self Image

"Rise and shine students! It's 8 am, which means nighttime is over! Head on over to the dining hall for some breakfast! Upupupu!"

I left my dorm, my vision adjusting to a quiet and almost empty hallway, besides one person that stood in front of my dorm.

"L-Leafy..!" Icy put her hands behind her back, her pale complexion tinted with a dusty pink. "...wanna go to the dining hall with me..?" Icy's voice was soft and quiet, making it hard to catch onto what she said, but nonetheless, I still heard it.

"Yes, of course Icy!!" I exclaimed, gaining a sudden burst of energy. "Let's go to the dining hall and talk with the others! I'm sure we can become great friends with all of them!!"

Icy's pale blue, almost white eyes widened. "You seem a lot more excited..."

"Hehe, yup!! I feel all refreshed after sleeping!!" We started to make our way to the dining hall, when someone caught our attention.

"Oh, Leafy, Icy, good morning.." Tennis Ball left his dorm and waved a bit, a yawn escaping his lips.

"You seem tired." I sheepishly chuckled

"Yeah, I was dragged into roaming the school with Golfball for who-knows how long. All I found were locked doors and whatnot, and hearing Golfball scold me for not being able to find anything didn't help."

I caught Icy glaring at Tennis Ball for a bit. "Did we ask?"

"Oh um.." Tennis Ball rubbed the back of his head, letting out a chuckle. "Heh..no..I'm sorry-"

"It's fine it's fine!!" I nudged Icy on her arm, shooting her a glare before quickly looking back at TB. "Anyway you should come to the dining hall with us!!"

TB smiled a bit, looking to Icy and back at me. "Um I'm not sure if Ice cube will be fine with th-"

"She is fine with it!! C'mon!!" I grabbed TB's arm, making sure my grip wasn't to tight. He let out a chuckle and began to walk with me, leading Icy to pout and follow behind us.

After opening the dining hall doors, we were faced with a big pair of grey eyes behind glasses

"Hmph, you guys came rather late," Golfball huffed, crossing her arms and tapping her foot against the floor impatiently.

"GB there's only like 3 other people here-"

"Silence!! Do not base your actions on the actions' of others! I expected better from you TB...as well as you Leafy..."

TB simply chuckled, which lead me to chuckle as well.

"I don't see what is so funny! Stop laughing!!! This is no laughing matter!!" Golfball exclaimed, pointing a finger towards us, causing TB and I to laugh even more.

"Would you like, chillax GB? They're just tryna have some, like, fun y'know?" Match got up from her seat near Pencil and Bubble and put a hand on her hip. "Like, you're totes bossy! You're not their like, mom!"

Golfball turned her attention to the red-haired fashionista, her arms still crossed. "Silence! We were not talking to you!! As a mathematician I am supposed to calculate the most efficient ways to live in this school, and laughing in a serious situation like this is not acceptable!!!"

Match joined in on the chuckling. "Chiilllax!! Better to, like, have some fun and laugh instead of being like, all emo like you."

"Silence!!!!"

This caused all of us to laugh even more, irritating the small mathematician.

"It's okay Golfball! we all view things differently!" Bubble spoke from her seat, her thick accent coating her words. "For right now we should try to be happy and find a way out of this school! Laughing can really help!"