Part 18 Exposed

Seung Hyun scoffed in disbelief as he continued driving down the road.

What do you mean I compelled you?

He asked. JaeHee turned to look at him.

It means that you have taken control of my mind. You have overpowered me.

She stated bluntly. Seung Hyun face palmed himself.

So how the hell do I so called "un-compel" you?

Seung Hyun asked, only to realise that JaeHee couldn't possibly have an answer to that. He cursed at himself and continued speeding off to his father's company's headquarters.

Choi Haematology Headquarters

Seung Hyun parked the car in the V.I.P lot and got off. He took the elevator to the tenth floor as usual and JaeHee followed along obediently.

Seung Hyun got into the office and told JaeHee to take a seat at the same couch as before. As expected, she sat down and stayed silent as Seung Hyun looked through every single file that his father had about VDT-01.

As the pile of folders stacked higher and higher as Seung Hyun dumped them on the ground after reading them.

Blood thirsty... UV... Healing... Hearing... Speed and strength... Eternity life... Sunlight...

Seung Hyun read as he flipped through the final file left. He threw it down and messed up his hair in frustration.

I'm so sorry... I can't seem to find a solution to get you out of my compulsion...

Seung Hyun apologised as he placed the files back onto the shelves until...

What the fuck...

He mumbled as he picked up a squashed little bug tracker in the corner of the shelf. He examined it and figured that it was made in Japan. The chip in the bug had been smashed, probably by the books.

Seung Hyun turned to look at JaeHee who was still giving him a blank expression. The bug wasn't too dusty, which meant that someone had placed them in the office about a week ago at most. Seung Hyun frowned as he tried to recall everyone that had entered the office.

No... I have to confirm it...

Seung Hyun sighed as he logged in to his father's computer. He headed straight to the records of all the entrances and exits of the building and office. There were only records of employees from the past few days until...

Unidentified 1:25pm - 4pm

It was highlighted in red under the category of visitors over the past week. The record only appeared once and that person left within an hour. Seung Hyun then exited the page headed to the records of the office access.

Unidentified 2:05pm - 2:20pm

It was highlighted in red as well. Seung Hyun calculated the time for setting up the bugs around the room and to activate it. Fifteen minutes was definitely more than sufficient time.

Seung Hyun scoffed as he checked the surrounding camera footages, only to find that most of them had been deleted. Except for one. There has always been a secret camera installed inside the glass door where no one could possibly see. Which was probably the reason the intruder did not manage to delete the footage of that particular camera.

Deleting camera footage takes about five minutes per camera. If he does two cameras at once... Takes him fifteen minutes...

Seung Hyun calculated once again. It was definitely possible for the intruder to delete the camera footage and leave the building by 3pm. The time period of 1pm to 4pm was the time where the senior security guards would take a lunch break and let the junior security take over. Whoever had intruded knew a lot about this building.

Seung Hyun took a deep breath before playing the camera footage of the secret camera. He skipped the recording to 2:00pm where he slowly got to see the face of the intruder.

H-Hyun Joon?! What the hell?!

Seung Hyun thought as he replayed the footage a few more times. He then skipped to 2:20pm where he saw the same person again. Only then did he confirm that the intruder was non other than Kim Hyun Joon.

Seung Hyun cursed under his breath as he exited the page and shut the computer down. He ruffled his hair in anger as he scolded himself internally for letting such a thing happen. He may hate his father, but he would never let an outsider play around with his father's business.

Kim Hyun Joon... That son of a bitch... What the hell was he even doing from 1:25pm to 2:05pm?! He spent 40 minutes in the building before heading for the office.

Seung Hyun thought as he stood up from the chair. Seung Hyun turned his head to look at JaeHee.

I saw a record of her entering the building ten minutes before Hyun Joon and leaving right before Hyun Joon entered the office...

Seung Hyun frowned at that thought. He didn't want to believe what he thought.

JaeHee ah... Why did you come here a week ago all by yourself?

Seung Hyun asked, faking a calm voice. JaeHee looked up at Seung Hyun. Being compelled by him, she spilled it all.

I had to meet Hyun Joon to report to him my progress on the mission.

She said without hesitating.

And what was this mission?

Seung Hyun asked with a more serious tone.

I am supposed to take a box from this office and give it to my boss in Japan.

JaeHee calmly replied. Seung Hyun scoffed and face palmed himself hard. He couldn't believe what he just heard. He didn't even want to believe it either. He looked at JaeHee and sighed.

What is your relationship with Hyun Joon?

He asked.

He is my colleague at work.

She replied once again with calmness in her voice. Seung Hyun didn't want to hear anymore.

Let's go.

He said bluntly as he made his way out of the office, with JaeHee following behind.

YG Building
3 hours later

Seung Hyun pulled out his water bottle and twisted the cap open. He carefully sipped on the blood, making sure that he doesn't stain his lips with them.

He turned to look at JaeHee whose legs are crossed on top of the couch in the recording studio. She wore a frown for the longest time Seung Hyun has ever seen.

You okay?

Seung Hyun asked, expecting a reply like "Yes I am fine". But what actually came out of her mouth was...

Oppa, why do I feel like I've done something weird? It's like I got drunk and now I can't remember the stupid things I've done while I was drunk.

She said as she uncrossed her legs. Seung Hyun stared at her with a puzzled expression.

Umm... I don't know?

Seung Hyun said.

Is she out of my compulsion?! And the side effects are that she doesn't remember a single thing?!

Author's Note

Thanks for reading

VOTE✔️
COMMENT✔️
SHARE✔️

Next update soon