Chapter 25: I hate dress shopping

Start from the beginning

I began to shake my head. "Oh no, I couldn't possibly–"

"YES!" Mandy interjects, pushing me aside. 

I stare after her wide eyed. "No–"

 "Yes! Thank you so much Ma'am. Rose," Mandy nudges me,  "would really appreciate that!"

The lady chuckles. 

"Though, it looked like Samantha was gonna wear that same exact dress. Rose, will you be alright turning up with the same dress?" 

I looked down at the gorgeous thing. I didn't mind if we end up wearing the same one, truthfully I didn't think I'd find anything better. If it was fitted right, I think it had the potential. Maybe I could dress it up with accessories or something to make it somewhat unique. 

 "Do you mean the two terrible and incredibly rude blonde girls that were here a moment ago?"

 We nodded with affirmation. 

"Oh, you don't have to worry about that. I wouldn't let them leave the store with them. I am not letting no such ladies wearing my dresses. How rude can people be? They should really watch what they say around others. My own parents had to flee from Germany during the Nazi regime so I took great offence to their comments." The lady pulls the glasses from the top of her head, and calls for a young worker to take over her position with a snap of her fingers. 

"Now come, follow me to the back and into my workroom. I shall take down your measurements."

-

School during the start of next week was real busy again. 
On top of regular classes, there were Ball Committee meetings daily as we got closer to the deadline. Lea's filming crew was also in that week to do some filming, so those of us helping with the ball had to accommodate their needs. There was a lot of run to and fro from shooting locations to offices, to classrooms and to supply closets. 

 Since I was the one who introduced Lea to the school and knew her longer (but I'd argue not necessarily better than the others) I was somehow unanimously appointed as her sort of personal assistant. It was during this time I found out how much work really went behind shooting a show, and I struggled to find the time to eat enough to keep my energy levels high. It was always go go go, it was very exhausting.

Being a celebrity must be tough. 

None of the angles and natural lighting were we shot at were satisfying enough for her and soon I had to borrow a ladder from the gardener to stand on. Not only that, excuse me, I had to be the hold the photo light reflector really still for an ungodly amount of time while they shot the whole scene with multiple cuts. Kids would laugh at me when they walked past and my poor arms were about to fall off from lifting all the gear!

And after barely finishing my homework for the night, I was pooped.
There was absolutely no energy left in me to find time at the piano. I even had to get both of my work shifts at the restaurant covered for the week just to be able to catch up on school work.

The week after rolls around like an absolute drag and I'd started to feel more and more like a post-menopausal old-timer than I was a teen. Everything hurt, and I had a good number of muscle-relief patches on my back to try and soothe the pain. 

I walked in Tuesday morning into my first class like a zombie in automatic mode, aware that I was the last to go in as the bell had already run minutes before. 
"Sorry, I'm late again Miss." I mumbled with a yawn, making my way to the back of the class to find the only empty desk. 

"Mrs Harper. Late again and back to old habits are we?"

My back stiffens in my seat as I hear his deep voice. I look up and see Mr. Green, hands across his chest, leaning on the edge of his desk. I forgot he was back today. Seeing him sent a new wave of electricity jolting across my body as it always did whenever I see him for the first time for that day.