Chapter 4 The Chunnin Exams!

---Akira pov ----

My brother and the team returned a while ago but i never really spoke to them , i was very interested in my studies which seemed to annoy Naruto , and ever since he returned our place was a mess . Luckily i finished my studies and decided to go with my brother to meet up with our team .

We arrived to the location  , as soon as Sasuke and Naruto saw eachother they growled and looked away . I raised my eyebrow and greeted Sakura " hey Sakura , whats with these two?" She sighed " ever since we came back they get along worse " i looked back to my brother than at Sasuke ' what happened while i studied? '   We waited a while before Kakashi appeared  and got yelled at again by sakura and Naruto . He than looked at me " Akira , glad to see your done with your studies . Hope you learned new things " i smiled " yes i did kakashi-sensei " he noded and jumped down , Naruto begged for another mission , it was clear he wanted to show Sasuke up . And glared once more at Sasuke . I sighed and facepalmed at this childish behaviour  .

First mission.
  Picking out weeds on a farm , naruto wanted to beat sasuke and plucked everything out including the special herbs the lady was growing.  He got beaten up

Second mission.
We were in the lake clearing out the trash and throwing them into baskets on our backs , naruto slipped into the water and went with the stream , the stream came to a cliff like fountaim and nearly fell off the waterfall however sasuke saved him just in time .

Third mission
We had to walk four dogs , naruto trying to act big choose the largest dog possible, the large dog was to strong for naruto and the dog dragged him into a mine field . The dog came out unscathed but naruto was burned to a crisp .

We carried naruto along as we walked back to the village
Sakura : " look at you ..your hopeless naruto ."
Sasuke :" you really are just one big loser "

Naruto got mad and challenged sasuke but sakura cut him off , kakashi sighed , sasuke began telling naruto off of how greater he is compared to my brother , i didnt get involved because i knew he had to handle things like this on his own .

Kakashi excused us for the day as he headed off . Sasuke walked away and sakura asked him out and he declined and told her she was worse than Naruto .  I looked to Naruto " im heading on home naruto , i still gotta study some more  , are you fine here?" Naruto looked at me and noded and smiled " sure ill be fine , go ahead and study " i smiled and walked off , i decided to eat at Ichiraku first .
Afterwards i went home and studied once more , i even decided to start meditating with my chakra to gain more control . I also wanted to try out the ' chakra bite ' but it didn't seem like it was time for that yet so i studied the information on Adamantine chains which i possessed  , turns out i was the only male who had them. All the other chain users were female Uzumakis.

----Time skip -----

We waited on the bridge for kakashi-sensei  , Sakura started getting mad that kakashi was always late . I had just arrived though and unfortunately caught her intire speech .  Kakashi finally appeared greeting us as usual,  kakashi jumped down " i know this is a bit sudden but i recommended all four of you to the chunnin exams , these are the application forms " he gave us a form each ." This is all voluntary,  this is for each of you . If you dont feel up for it you can wait until next year " naruto hugged him happily.  I looked down at the application ' a chunnin huh?' I looked back up at my excited brother and gave a small smile . We all walked together and naruto kept going on and on about fighting in the Chunnin exams .

I noticed sakura stopped walking as my brother and sasuke walked on . She seemed disappointed  " Sakura..dont doubt yourself ." Sakura gasped and looked up at me and i gave a sweet smile " give it your all and never give up . You will stand on the same ground as both sasuke and naruto " sakura gave a soft smile  " thankyou Akira..." she walked on . I gazed up at the orange sky ' will i be strong enough to aid Naruto if he needs it?'

That afternoon i walked on my own , suddenly  a unknown ninja dropped infront of me snickering.  I sniffed a few times causing the ninja to be confused.  I smirked " Iruka-sensei. .why are you dressed like that?"  The ninja gasped " you can tell?"i smirked " yeah , your chakra scent is familiar so of course i know its you , are you testing me or something?  " he giggled " well done " he than vanished .

A few days later we went to the academy for the exam , truth be told i got lost . For some odd reason i get lost very easily in crowds or even in wilderness,  at this point i was looking for the room 301 but i was completely lost , 'i think i was in the basement?  How the hell did i get here? ' i looked around and found stairs but as i was about to climb up i spotted a grass ninja with very long hair , he /she? Smiled " oh hello..are you lost child? " i sighed " im afraid so . Are you participating in the Chunnin exams? " the grass ninja smirked " you a uzumaki  aren't you? The red hair gives you away " i blinked and grabbed a group of my hair looking at it " the red is a uzumaki trait?"

The grass ninja came closer " i can taste immense chakra within you.." i shivered ' okay , getting creepy vibs ..i should just leave ...' i side stepped the ninja and walked up the stairs , the ninja stabbed his hand . I gasped and turned to him " what you do that for?"  The ninja giggled grabbing my arm and biting it , i grunted and suddenly the ninja glowed green and his/her arm healed . I ripped my arm away and frowned than ran as fast as i could up the stairs .

The grass ninja smirked holding his/her mouth " such talent "

I found my way into a large room , i spotted my team with a bruce lee cosplayer and a older guy . Naruto turned to me " Akira? Where were you?" I sighed holding my arm where the stranger bit me " i got lost .." naruto just started laughing , we walked into the gathering room .