"Mum."

       "Mom."

       "Trust me, it's mum."

       Tina opened her mouth to argue, but was silenced when Newt slipped his hand into hers. He twined their fingers together, and she couldn't help but smile.

       "That's cheating," Tina said. "You think you can shut me up just by holding my hand?"

       "No," Newt said innocently. "But I thought you might be cold."

       Tina rolled her eyes. "This argument isn't over, Newt," she warned.

       "As long as I'm holding your hand, it is," he said.

       Tina laughed and shook her head helplessly. "I hate it when you win."

       "Well, seeing as I don't win very often, it shouldn't be bothering you," he replied, grinning cheekily.

       "It's not," she admitted. "But I'm letting you win right now. Don't think holding my hand will work in the future, because I'll be immune to you then."

       "I wouldn't dare think that," he grinned.

       They turned onto the pathway and Tina wriggled her hand away from his. She missed his warmth already, but wanted to avoid another scene with Florence.

       "So your mom doesn't start getting all – um, let's say enthusiastic," she explained.

       Newt nodded. "But I still won the argument, though," he teased, his green eyes twinkling.

       "This time," she said. "Next time, we'll see who wins."

       They stopped at the door and Newt raised his knuckles to knock on it. It immediately flew open and the pair was greeted by the beaming face of Florence. 

       "Newton!" she cried, pulling her son into a bone-crushing hug. 

       Newt looked as though he was having all the air being squeezed out of him, and Tina was somewhat nervous when his mother turned to face her with her arms spread wide open.

       "And Tina!" Florence exclaimed excitedly. "How lovely to see you!"

       Tina felt a pair of thin but strong arms wrap around her, momentarily rendering her unable to breathe. She marveled at how Florence, despite her age, could still easily give hugs that slammed the breath right out of you.

       Florence seemed especially fond of Tina, and was giving her a rather longer hug then necessary. The brunette could feel herself running out of air, but thought that it would be rude to pull away. Thankfully, Newt appeared and gently prised his mother off of Tina, letting her catch her breath again.

       The American witch shot a grateful look at him, and he grinned before turning to his mother. 

       "Well, I'm here," he announced to her.

       Florence eyed him beadily, her warm aura dissipating immediately at these words. "And it only took you a month," she said drily.

       Newt took a wary step back, and swallowed. "Yes, um, well I was quite busy," he explained. 

       This response didn't seem to satisfy his mother. "My own son didn't bother to visit for an entire month," she snapped, her eyes narrowing dangerously.

       Newt backed further away and held up his hands in surrender. "I'm sorry, mum, I really am –"

       "DO YOU KNOW HOW IT FEELS TO BE IGNORED BY YOUR OWN SON? YOUR OWN DEAR SON THAT YOU RAISED FROM WHEN HE WAS A TINY BABY IN THE CRIB? THAT'S RIGHT, NEWTON, YOU DON'T!" Florence yelled, and her curly orange hair seemed to crackle with energy. "I HAVE NEVER, IN MY ENTIRE 60 YEARS OF LIFE, BEEN MORE DISAPPOINTED!"