Chapter Twenty Nine: The Newcomers.

Start from the beginning

............................................................................................................................

I was brought back to reality by a small hand placed on my broad shoulders. I looked down next to me to find the girl giving me a small smile. I shook my head and looked back at the girl and said "I am terribly sorry lass, my big old brain was stuck inside a memory," chuckling to myself at the end.

Before she could reply I gently grabbed her wrist and dragged her inside my small home. I heard the wood crackling against the fire, followed by a distant hum, Isaac.

"Oi, ye old man is that you?" I heard him shout as I rounded the corner, the little lassie in toe. I saw him standing in front of the fire, his back to us. "Aye, Lad," I replied before looking at the hooded girl and said, "And I bought a friend." He quickly turned around, hearing a small gasp escape the girl's mouth.

................................................................................................................................

Belle's P.O.V

"Oi, ye old man, is that you?" I heard a deep voice shout out as I continued to be dragged by Wayland. I felt heat warm my cold body as we came to the small living room. One small arm chair, next to a bundle of hay in the corner. Why is there hay in the room? My gaze continued to scan the room until I saw a man standing in front of the fire, his back to us. He had dark locks that came to his shoulders as I watched as he leaned closer to the fire, playing with something in his left hand.

"Aye Lad," Wayland said, his eyes looking down at me before he said "And I brought a friend." The man turned around, revealing his face. I let out a small gasp as I saw his eyes. Dark black, like the night sky, amazing. He must have heard me gasp because he looked down at his feet, a sadden look on his face.

"Oh I am sorry! It is just I have never before seen such dark eyes," I said, seeing his face become more depressing. "They're so beautiful," I mumbled, quickly embarrassed at what I just said. The man's expression changed almost instantly as the words came out. He looked straight at me in complete shock and slight confusion. I felt heat flow into my cheeks as I heard him say "Mm...thanks?" scratching the back of his neck in the awkwardness.

Wayland let out a laugh, patting my shoulder as he said, "I'll go make us some tea," before running off, leaving us to deal with the tension. I decided to go first, stretching out my hand I said "My name is Belle, you must be Isaac." He smiled at me and nodded, Wayland came storming out from the kitchen and he carried a plate of biscuits, 3 cups and a jug of water. He hung the kettle of the fire and sat in the arm chair. "Well come on lads, sit down before we all die of boredom!" he ordered. We did as we were told and sat in the bundle of hay. Wayland offered us the biscuits, I took one gratefully, settling my rumbling stomach.

"So lass, why aren't you wearing a dress?" Wayland. I looked at him and smirked.

"Why have you got a beard?" I came back at him. He laughed and gave me a toothy smile, a twinkly lit in his eyes.

"Why Lassie, I am part elf part dwarf, you?" he challenged.

"Well Lad" I mocked his voice, seeing the small smirk form on Isaac. "I think it is appropriate for a girl who likes to get her hands dirty," I said, sending him a smile.

He let out a deep laugh, "Just like my Raina, you are," he said.

We talked for a bit. I found out that they are blacksmith, which caught my attention. I asked if I could help them; they burst out laughing. But I was serious which shocked them, they asked me more questions, interested in what I had to say. I answered truthfully and told them about my past and how I met Raina, but left out Thranduil and the curse.