Resist

The previous day's conversation may have been alarming, but by the next morning, Data seemed to have regained his spirits. He entreated you to visit his old quarters with him- there was some work he wanted to get done on his computer. Once you arrived, he very solemnly kissed you on the cheek, and you kissed him back, amused at the sudden affection.

"It has come to my attention that we have not followed through on our date to the holodeck yet," Data announced, holding you in his arms and gazing fondly into your eyes. "I would like to have the opportunity to... as your species puts it, 'romance' you."

You giggled- a night being romanced by Data sounded like the best thing in the world. "Of course, Data," you said warmly. "We'll get you all dressed up, and we can go out to dinner. Maybe we can ask the holodeck to replicate Paris." You took a second to imagine how handsome Data would look in a suit and blushed at the thought.

Data pulled you close and kissed your forehead with much more tenderness than he'd ever exhibited before. "I truly understand now," he murmured, a spellbound tone to his voice. "I understand the love songs that your species sing. I understand the poems they write, and I understand the passion they feel. You consume me, y/n; my passion for you almost hurts me in its intensity. I am now more connected with humanity than I had ever hoped to be."

Your heart was overflowing. You kissed him, hard, your lips intertwining harmoniously. Firmly in each other's arms, you felt a euphoria you hadn't ever experienced with another man. As you kissed him, you felt your anxieties about his fixation on death the day before melting away. All that was real was your love for Data, and his love for you, and... oh, dear heavens. This masterpiece of an android was such a good kisser he had to have been specially programmed for this- or, at least, very well-read on the subject of love-making.

"Data," you murmured after you broke the kiss, gazing into his eyes flirtatiously. "Did Dr. Soong intend to make you this attractive? Because you're... oh, damn it, Data, you're gorgeous."

You thought you saw a spark of lust in his golden eyes as he pulled you closer, licking his lips in the most delicious manner. "Do not be so quick to praise. You have not seen all of his handiwork," Data said huskily, beginning to remove his uniform shirt very slowly. "However, I doubt you will find anything that does not reach your standards."

Your breath caught in your throat as the upper part of his uniform hit the floor. Chiseled, muscular, and pale white, he was a sight to behold. Dr. Soong had to have known how attractive his creation would be- Data was sculpted like a Greek god. "Oh, Data," you breathed, flustered, stumbling backwards a little. "You didn't really come here to get work done, did you?"

Data chuckled under his breath. "I cannot deny that," he said playfully, tilting his head to the side in that adorable way, fighting to keep the smirk off his face.

Who knew that someone could be so cute but so seductive at the same time? You couldn't resist. You advanced on him again, wrapping your arms around him once more and allowing him to press another kiss to your cheek. His skin felt warm to the touch, and the chiseled muscles beneath your fingertips were even better than a real man's. "I was intending on serenading you first," Data admitted, glancing back towards his violin. "However, I am pleased that that particular wooing technique was not required."

You had a suspicion he was teasing you, and you rolled your eyes at him, although part of you would have loved to see Data perform in order to 'romance' you. You were about to comment on this when he dropped his playful attitude and kissed you once more. "I love you, y/n," he whispered in your ear, nibbling gently at your earlobe before he pulled away. "I thought... I thought that if we were to engage in... intimate actions, it may be better to do so away from Spot. She tends to become curious and investigate everything I do that is even slightly astray from my normal routine."