part 4

—hey do you want to turn on the stereo?— Anne asked.
—what is that?— Gilbert said.
—you don't know what a stereo is?
—Sorry for not being rich
—oh shut up, I hate that word. People never say "oh she is funny" or "she is cool" they always say "she is rich" you know how sad and stressful is that?
—okay sorry Anne but I never had a stereo. I actually never had a car for myself
—oh I'm sorry about that. Look this is a stereo— she said while tuning it on— you can listen to music there.
A song came in, it was "Help!" by the Beatles.
*Help ! I need somebody help ! Not just anybody help ! You know I need someone help !*
—I like that song— Gilbert said as he turned up the volume.
—Do you like the Beatles?— Anne asked.
—Back I'm avonlea a friend used to have a little radio and they always put their songs.
—I wish I could visit avonlea— Anne said.
—One day I'll take you there
Anne started laughing.
—You are crazy !— Anne said while shaking her head.
—Maybe, but you love it— Gilbert said. He wasn't even thinking what he was saying at that point.
—in your dreams. And drive faster if you don't want to get fired— Anne said trying to change the subject. Because Gilbert was right, she loved it.
—This was your idea remember— Gilbert said.
—But who will they believe?
—You are a smart girl Anne Shirley, really smart.
Both of them stared laughing now.
They arrived to Anne's house.
—they are still sleeping we are okay, just don't make much noise— Anne said.
—Thanks for this night Anne. It was special— Gilbert told her with a little smile.
—Thanks for making it special— Anne said while looking at him. They both just keep looking at each without saying anything.
—well you should go back to your room and sleep a little. Change your clothes !— Anne said.
—yeah you are right. Good night Cordelia— Gilbert said with a smile.
—shut up— Anne said laughing. And later she just enter to her house leaving Gilbert.
But neither of the could sleep that night. All the memories were still in their minds. And they wouldn't leave.
————————————————————————
The next day Anne got up really late. But her parents didn't noticed that they went out so it was fine.
She went down stairs for some breakfast.
—Benjamin look ! She is alive— Marilla said laughing.
—Good morning sleeping beauty. It's a little late don't you think so?— Benjamin said.
— sorry I stayed up late— Anne told them.
—Doing what ?— Marilla asked.
—I bought some cds so I listened to them— Anne said. Of course she was lying.
—oh it's fine. It's summer so there is no problem with staying up late— her dad said.
———————————————————————-
After that Anne was going to ride her bike around town. But Gilbert appeared.
—Good afternoon Ms Shirley !— Gilbert said with a big smile on his face.
—hey Gilbert. What are you doing?— She asked.
—i was going to feed the animals
The cuthberts had a little farm in front of their house. They had some horses, pigs, two cows and three hens.
—can I come with you?— Anne said.
—what if your parents see you?
—They are not at home, c'mon let's go— Anne told him. And they went to the farm.
———————————————————————
They spend a great time. But later the cuthberts arrived and saw Anne in the farm.
—Anne Shirley Cuthbert what are you doing here?!— her mom said.
—I'm just helping Gilbert— Anne said.
—Get out of here right now— Marilla told Anne.
—but mom— Anne said.
—right now !— her mom said again. And Anne got out of there.
——————————————————————-
—why you never let me do anything?! You make me feel so useless!!— Anne said very angry.
—Anne you are like a princess, princesses don't do that stuff. Leave that to the men—her mom said.
—Mom are you serious? I'm not a princess, and girls can do anything a boy can do and more.
—Anne that's enough ! Go to your room !—her mom said.
And Anne went to her room.
—I don't know what I'm going to do with this child— Marilla said.
—i know— Benjamin said.
—what did you do?— Marilla asked him.
—I invited Mr. Mackenzie and his family for dinner tomorrow. They have a handsome and really smart child, we will introduce him to Anne.
—and do you think he would be interested in Anne?
—well he'll be interesting in her money I'm sure of that.
—what's his name?
—Cole Mackenzie. You'll see him tomorrow, Anne will fall for him.
But they didn't knew that Anne had already fallen for someone else. For Gilbert Blythe.