part 3

—stop the car. It's here— Anne told Gilbert while he parked the car.
There was a lot of people around. They didn't had costumes, just masks or hats it was really weird.
—you come here often?— Gilbert asked her.
—kinda. Like once a week or something— Anne said.
—cool, so are you telling me why everyone wears masks?— Gilbert asked. He was so confused.
—Later. Let's get in— Anne said while she walked into the club.
There was a lot of people there, everyone was drinking or dancing. And there was a band singing, they were wearing masks too.
Anne introduced Gilbert to some people but they didn't called her Anne they called her "Cornelia".
—why they call you like that?—Gilbert asked.
—how?
—Cornelia
—because that's my name
—no it's not
—you need to keep your mouth closed Blythe— she said whispering— I will tell you everything later— Anne said to Gilbert.
The night was passing. Gilbert and Anne were dancing and talking a lot. Later a girl called Anne to ask about Gilbert.
—Cornelia do you have a second?— she said.
—sure, I'm back in a moment— Anne told Gilbert.
—so who is that guy? Are you dating him?— the girl asked.
—no way ! We just met a few days ago
—are you serious ?? Wow you guys have a really good chemistry
—what do you mean?
—if you had not told me that you just met him I could have never believe it, you two have been together the hole night
—yeah because he doesn't know anyone here
—i don't know Cordelia, you look different with him. More happy, more relaxed
—oh shut up, he is nice, maybe I'll have sex with him or something
—yeah ! That's the Cordelia I know, don't let that boy mess with your feelings
—he isn't, i gotta got back to get him later— she said and she made a wink.
Both girls laughed and Anne went back with Gilbert.
Anne was lying. She didn't wanted to have sex with Gilbert, nothing like that, Gilbert was actually messing with her feelings she just couldn't admit it. But everytime that she looked at him she just forgot everything.
—hey you are back !— Gilbert said with a smile.
—yes ! I'm kinda tired of dancing. Do you wanna go to another place?
—yeah sure wherever you want— Gilbert said. And they left the party.
———————————————————————
—so where do you want to go?— Gilbert asked her.
—I don't know. Where do you want to?
—you are the one that knows this place you forgot
—just continue going right, there is a little place that I want to show you.
——————————————————————
—it's here— Anne said. Gilbert stopped the car and they went outside.
It was a little lake with some trees and stuff. You couldn't see anybody even close of it.
—this place is really quiet— Gilbert said.
—yeah. It's really relaxing, i come here sometimes.
—And what do you do?— Gilbert asked.
—I —she stayed silent for a moment— think.
—you think?
—yes
—and what do you think?
—Not your business
—I wish it was— Gilbert said while he was lying on the ground. He was kinda drunk. Anne ignored that comment.
—so do you wanna know why they call me Cordelia? —Anne asked after a few minutes.
—sure— he said. Gilbert was looking at the lake.
—In that place everyone has different names, nobody know the real life of each other, that's why we wear hats and masks, so they won't know who we really are.
—so you are just hiding yourself?
—exactly
—why?
—because imagine if they knew that the daughter of the cuthberts goes to those parties. They'll tell my dad and they'll kill me.
Gilbert started laughing.
—you are really dramatic Shirley—Gilbert said.
—maybe. But my parents are even more so
—yeah. I understand— Gilbert said.
—So where are you from?— Anne asked.
—A small town called avonlea, it's nice but nothing compare to here, this place is beautiful.
—Not the people—Anne said—The only chance I have to be friends with people is in those parties where nobody know that I'm the rich girl and they genuinely want to talk to me.
—you shouldn't hide who you are. You are— Gilbert was saying. But he stopped. He was sleepy.
—I am?
—uh- forget it— Gilbert said.
—You look tired, wanna go back?
—yeah we should. What if your parents saw us?
—they didn't. C'mon let's go— Anne said while leaving the place and getting in the car. But the night wasn't over yet.

So that's the end of part 3 !
Are you liking this story so far? Tell me in the comments. Next part coming soon !