Chapter 38 - Annihilation

The sound of lightsabers crashing together was what drew me towards them. I stalked like a predator tracking its prey. I stepped nimbly through the snow without making a sound; as if I was floating.

I felt anger, but as ease. I felt weightless, but also feeling the weight of a planet on my shoulders. I tried fighting my place back in my mind, but I quickly retreated into my subconscious while what seemed to be my second half took over. I didn't dare question it after I tried attacking this second half, which led to a searing pain through my skull.

I watched as the light of a blue and red lightsaber were mid-duel. I watched on from the shadows of a dying star. I didn't feel afraid, though something nagged me to be. Something felt wrong, but I was too tried to find out why. This dizziness of emotions caused me to cut them all out so that I could feel numb, which was another benefit of me standing aside and letting whatever this was control me.

I felt in charge, though also not. It was this odd sensation of being in control while also not. It was exhilarating and emotionless at the same time. Like I cared too much but also not at all.

I watched until I saw the man in the black robes slice the air, cutting into the back of a vaguely familiar male. I was pushed towards the robed male, but not knowing why. I couldn't fight the urge, but I also didn't want to.

He must have felt my presence, because he turned to face me. Shock and recognition registered quickly onto his features. He notably relaxed, but this didn't stop me from stalking towards him and igniting my own burgundy lightsaber.

I twirled the weapon before taking my defensive stance. Confusion was written all over the man's face, but this didn't stop me from taking my first swing. He easily deflected it.

"Nym! What are you doing?", the man yelled while blocking another of my attacks.

I didn't realize he was speaking to me at first. I didn't know what 'Nym' was. I continued to advance onto him with the saber. His confusion giving me the upper hand.

"Nym!"

Something small stirred within me. Like how water is just beginning to boil. A slight difference that wasn't noticeable until focused on, which I didn't allow myself to. I kept attacking while he kept deflecting. He wasn't even trying to attack back.

Again, that flutter of recognition hit when I grew close to his face. I could just distinctly make out his dilated pupils against his dark colored eyes. Those eyes; why did I know them.

It felt like a word that was at the tip of my tongue, I couldn't quite seem to grasp this feeling. It was like an itch I couldn't scratch. An itch that was increasing by the minute.

I attacked again, but this time he pushed back. Our red sabers igniting in sparks as we pushed each other with the opposing saber. He got close to my face again, though I had the urge to close my eyes and turn away.

Focus child.

I opened my eyes that I hadn't realized I closed and pushed against him while using the force. Now that I was clear I made a quick twirl with my body, slicing a tree clean through before hitting his saber again.

That's right child, whispered a voice like it was in my ear but also in my skull, focus on your target. Annihilate him!

"Nymeria!"

That voice. I knew that voice. He pushed against the saber so that we were close again. He struggled but was able to raise his gloved hand and pressed it into my temple.