Chapter 25 - The Mission

*Mature Content Warning* 

I adjusted my sleeve before I started to place the armor on. The sleeve was black that had a small hole where I could put my thumb through, which didn't allow the sleeve to roll up once I placed the suit covers over my forearm.

I looked back in the box where the rest of the suit remained. It came earlier in the day after Kylo went through the vision. He was currently speaking with the Supreme Leader about this vision while I stayed behind to try on my new set of armor. It was very similar to that of a typical Stormtroopers', but it was solid black. Everything from the breastplate, the shoes, even the helmet was a dark, midnight black.

I continued to put the pieces on one by one until I was completely suited; the only part remaining was the helmet. This all took longer than I thought it would. I went into my bathroom so that I could get a look. My reflection showed a strong, healthy woman in a kick ass Stormtrooper armor. Hot damn, this makes my ass look great, I thought while twisting and turning to get the full effect. That's when I realized the helmet was still in the box.

I was rummaging through the box to find a couple blasters too along with my helmet. I was placing the helmet on when I heard the hall door open. I stood up and turned to face Kylo walking into my room.

He paused when he saw me in my full uniform, "Darth Arcinia."

"Commander Ren", I replied, causing a distorted voice to come through the helmet. Nice.

Kylo removed his helmet while I followed suit, "How does it fit?"

"Really well, which I don't think it needs any adjustments", I said while pulling on pieces here and there. Kylo began to circle around me while pulling and pushing the pieces of armor to make sure they were in place.

"It looks suitable enough. Do you believe you're prepared for this mission?"

"Yes", I said. He was now facing me, which made me blush. He went to brush a stray hair away when his hologram began to light up on his belt.

Kylo looked up at the ceiling, took a deep breath, and went to answer the hologram. I went back to the bathroom to see myself through the helmet. Seeing myself in the armor made me feel powerful. I finally looked intimidating, which Poe always said I never did. This memory caused a sudden ache in my chest, which was then replaced with the burning anger. How dare he and the General fake their kindness when they very well knew what they did. I took the helmet off, gripped it in my fist, and used it to punch into the full length mirror.

Kylo was quickly in the bathroom with me, seeing what the noise was. I turned to look at him, "I apologize for the mirror."

"I'll get it replaced", he said with concern written on his face. This was quickly replaced with what I would call pride when I asked, "When are we leaving for this mission?"

"Now."

--

Kylo Ren and myself entered the large landing port within the Star Destroyer. This was the same hanger that Ren had taken me to before we left for my planet. Thinking about the gruesome scene I found upon landing only ignited my anger even more. I was beyond livid to the point that I didn't even goggle at the massive opening that lead into space.

Kylo led me to his TIE-silencer that was surrounded by Stormtroopers. When we walked near them, they all saluted. This brought a surge of power along with pride at my position in the First Order. I was never saluted when I was with the Resistance, I was merely a rat to get them information from missions.