Chapter 8: The New Princess of Silver Lake

Levi's POV

I waited for her maids to clean her up. I heard her groaning in pain as she gave birth. She didn't want me there... so I waited outside of the room. My heart sank knowing that I did this... if she wasn't pregnant by me... she wouldn't be through this pain. And I would be hearing her cry in pain. But that was all before I heard a cry. Not Hanji's... a baby one. I heard the baby crying and I pictured about how it looked like.

Walking inside the room, I see one of the maids holding a baby, cleaning it with a damp towel. I gaze over to Hanji, seeing her panting and exhausted for the most part. "Hanji..." She weakly opens her eyes, smiling when she sees me.

"L-Levi..." She says weakly. Looking to the baby, the maid hands me it.

She smiles, "My king, you have a princess..."

"A princess?" I asked as I received the baby. Walking closer to Hanji and sitting on the chair next to her... I held the baby so she can see. "Hanji... we got a daughter..."

She chuckles softly, "We do... your first princess..." I kissed Hanji's cheek, caressing her cheek with the tip of my nose.

"You mean our first princess... you're the one who did most of the work on bringing her here... I was just there... just to make her. I'm sure... that I wasn't that important in the whole process... I just took good care of you in your precious state... nothing more, nothing less..." I say while looking at our daughter.

Her crying ceased, thank goodness... but on her head, I see tuffs of black hair. Caressing my daughter's cheek, her eyes struggled to open. And I see them. Her gray eyes with a bit of brown mixing in. She coos softly, her soft hands hitting the air. She looks at me, cooing softly  and that she reaches for my hair. Allowing her to grab a strand, she tugs on it, laughing a bit.

Hanji giggles softly, "She's beautiful..."

"Like you." I say to her, standing up and I started to bounce our daughter in my arms and just holding her. 

She coos softly and that she was so... beautiful. Either way... when she grows older... I need to ensure that she gets a good person... that won't just love her for her beauty... but for who she is...

"Hanji, what are we naming her?" I asked, walking around the bed, too focused on my baby girl. I never thought that she would be this amazing...

She tilts her head, "Iris? Maybe... I used to love that name as a kid."

Looking back to my daughter, I gently kissed her forehead. "I guess... you'll be Iris. I love you... so much. Both of you. Your momma, and you, Iris..."

*   *   *

7 years later...

Levi's POV

"Hah! Gotcha Eren!" Iris' voice echoed through the halls as I see both of them playing with their wooden swords. Iris kept attacking him with brutal strength, almost to the point where Eren was angry. I seen him fight... but he was being too nice and gentle to Iris. They were growing so close...

Iris' sword then swung at Eren, hitting him straight in the chest. "Ah!" Eren then collapses onto the ground, breathing heavily. "N-Not fair!" He shouts to her.

She laughs and giggles in response. "Come on! You're not being strong..."

Eren groans as he gets up from the ground, brushing off the dust. "Because... I don't want to hurt you, Iris..." He mumbles under her breath.

Unlike Iris... I knew exactly what he meant. He liked her... and didn't want to hurt her in any kind of way. But Iris being herself, rolls her eyes. "I wanna fight you for real! You're not gonna hurt me!" 

I watched Eren roll his eyes in hesitation before attacking her. In a few seconds, Iris knocked him down to the ground and I never doubted that she would ever lose a fight... not ever. Eren looks up, smiling. "Heh, I guess you're stronger than me..." Eren says with an awkward laugh.

Looking into his eyes, I see that he allowed her to win. He could've gone a bit more intense, but... he loved her. Why would he hurt the one she loves? I can see why he allowed for that to happen. I felt myself smile a bit. Was this what my mother saw when Hanji and I played together when we were young? If so... I made the right choice to have Hanji as my wife, my queen, and the mother of my child.

"Levi..." Turning around, I see Hanji slowly walking towards me as she rubbed her new baby bump. 4 months already and that it was already big. Bigger than it was with Iris... my prediction? I'm gonna have a prince soon. "How are they?"

"Iris and Eren?" Hanji nods in agreement. "They're doing good. I have to say... Eren has a crush on Iris... I can tell..." I chuckled at that idea... I see he wants to be his bodyguard, and I'll allow it.

Hanji chuckles a bit. "That's good..." She walks closer to me, nuzzling her nose on my neck. "And I have a feeling that they'll be together as a couple."

"I know..."

I have the perfect kingdom... with my princess- no, my queen from my childhood. My princess here and my new child on the way... I claim both of them... and nothing can change that.