Chapter 3: Our Garden

Levi's POV

"Erwin, I'm begging you for the last time. I don't the staff to be involved... not that much. So please. I'm just asking you, some privacy in the garden tonight-"

"Is it this lady you're in love with?" He asks as he smirks. "Levi, you sly-"

"She's not exactly a lady... not her title. She's... how do I say it? Her title... she's a peasant. But, since she reminded me that we were friends back then... my feelings, I don't know how to say them or anything. But I have to have her..." Sighing, I keep seeing her face behind my eyelids. Burned into them. Never will I ever forget her face.

Erwin smirks once more. "Wait a minute... childhood friend? Don't tell me it was that insane girl-"

"It is, Erwin... and to be honest,  I think I love her..." Thinking about Hanji once more, feeling my heartbeat go fast... I had to have her. Tonight, I just had to. I hope, I wasn't not too late to love her. I need her as my queen... no doubt about it.

*   *   *

Hanji's POV

Walking into the garden, I had that weird thought that, perhaps... I couldn't be there. Dressed in something nice... at least, I had to. It was nice in my opinion. A long white dress and my hair wrapped up with a ribbon. Perhaps I should've have done it, perhaps I should've. But being in the royal castle's garden once more, it feels so weird.

But seeing how the roses were glowing in the moonlight, it was just as bright as it was when they were gleaming brightly in the sunlight. I remember it all...

"Hanji." Turning to his loud and booming voice. He walked down in black pants, a white buttoned shirt and it seemed that he waited for me. I see that he wasn't lying to me... that he really wanted me here. "I see you came." His smile calmed my unsteady nerves...

Chuckling softly, I answered, though I couldn't as he made me weak with his strong voice and the way his blue-gray eyes stared at me. Paralyzing my body to the ground... I couldn't move that much. "W-Why wouldn't I come?"

The closer he steps towards me, the more times I felt my heart skip so many beats. "Oh, I don't know. Perhaps I made you uncomfortable when I asked you here." His cold hand touches my hand and I felt that I warmed him up. His nose touches my neck, and my breath was stolen from him. Levi just collected them as a grim reaper collects souls.

"Well well... I invited you here for dinner, Hanji. I had... er, my friends to make some special for you..."

"Me? I'm no one important-"

Levi's kiss forbade me from speaking another word. The warmth from it, it was so good. Full of passion, and I welcomed it. Embracing it as I wrapped my arms around him. "You are important... to me. And please... I'm afraid to even speak it to you... but if you really loved me, Hanji, I hope you say the same."

"Which is?"

He smiles, "I love you so much... and I want to be with you, forever, Hanji. If you don't think the same way, I don't mind it... but I just... need you here. Please." He kisses my neck, snuggling close to me.

Allowing him to do that, I soothed him by saying how I truly felt. "I love you too, Levi."

"Good..." Levi kisses me one last time on the lips before pulling my arm deeper into the garden.

"We're... not gonna get caught, are we?" I asked as he pulls me to a table with two plates of food. Where I was, it looked like pieces of turkey or chicken with bread on the side.

"Of course not, Hanji..."

*   *   *

Erwin's POV

I can see why he took an interest in that woman. Even as a kid... though she annoyed us so many times, at least she was the one to lift Levi up from the depths of his burden. Before she started to visit us in the castle... well, I must say. Levi didn't want to do anything, as long as it was with his mother, or the queen. Occasionally, he would hang out with me... but after becoming friends with Hanji... it was all on his mind.

Day after day, Levi would be upbeat to see her. It's like... Hanji changed his life... and seeing how he's acting like that now, they would be a perfect match.

"Sir." Hearing that feminine voice behind me, I look to see a maid looking curiously at Levi and Hanji. "Who is that with him? A peasant-"

"Shush. Leave them be. And besides, you might be seeing our future queen." I say, watching back to them. They already started to eat, and I had no doubt that Levi would chose her.

The maid looks back, "Q-Queen? She doesn't even look the part! Oh besides, Sir Levi must marry either someone from a noble, heiress, or even another royal blood- would he be breaking the laws-"

"Naria. Leave him be. I know Levi better than anyone else. And knowing him, he follows his heart. So, if he prefers to marry her and make her queen, I don't mind. I actually like his choice that he has."

She shakes her head, "Then what shall I do with Lady Pelia? She arrives tomorrow..."

Sighing, she always wanted her family to be within the Ackerman bloodline. But Levi rejects the idea... "I'll deal with her. For now on, do not tell Hanji, the lady, about Levi being royal blood. I absolutely forbid you from saying it."

"Yes Sir Erwin." She bows lightly before walking off somewhere else. I just hope Lady Pelia doesn't disturb Levi's relationship with Hanji. If so... they would be pissed...

*   *   *

Levi's POV

After dinner, I couldn't stop thinking about Hanji... and good she would do. But I needed her. They way her eyes glittered with stars, her soft voice, I wonder how soothing they would to me if they lulled me to sleep.

She looks at me, chuckling softly, "Why are you looking at me like that, Levi? Did something get on my face?"

"No... but I just... nevermind."

"What? Tell me..."

Smirking as I crawled over to her... I kissed her hand before kissing up to her arms and her neck. "Alright then... I want you. That's all..." Moving onto her lips, I held my hands in fists as I kissed her. I didn't want to make her too uncomfortable...

"Oh? Well then... I accept your invite, Levi." She says, tracing her finger down to my chest, feeling it tingle a bit.

"I love you, Hanji..."

"Love you too, shorty."

Smiling a bit, "I'll let all your nicknames slide by, Shitty Glasses..." I say, pulling her inside the castle. I really do love you, Hanji Zoe... and I hope you love me the same way...