"He's an idiot. Don't listen to him," he hissed.

Bella jumped when she heard Emmett start laughing again somewhere in the store. Edward's scowl deepened at the sound. Bella decided to take pity on him.

"Don't worry about it."

Edward flashed her a smile, causing Bella's heart to skip at the sight. She suddenly remembered he was suppose to be ignoring her. Bella's smile quickly faded and she turned towards the shelves.

She tried to keep her voice as professional as possible when she spoke. "Do you see anything you like?"

"Can we talk?"

Bella tensed slightly. "Well, that depends. Are you going to ignore me for three more weeks afterwards."

Edward's frown deepened. He ran one of his hands through his hair. Sighing deeply, he said,

"I've done it again."

Bella peaked over at him out of the corner of her eye. "Done what?"

"I've acted like a complete ass again."

She choked as he said the words, causing the both of them to start smiling at each other.

"Yeah you have."

"I just...it's been really hard for me and my family. I took out my frustrations on you because I was worried. But that's no excuse for how I acted."

Bella wrung her hands together nervously. She glanced up and down the aisle to make sure no one else was present.

"Worried about your secret?"

His brow furled. "Yes. I was worried about it."

"I didn't tell anyone, if that makes you feel any better."

There was a moment of silence. Bella rubbed the back of her neck as she watched him. She couldn't blame him completely for acting this way, but that didn't mean she'd continue to put up with it.

"I guess we can count this as strike two," she said. She almost smiled when she saw the way Edward straighten up. "But don't make it a third one."

He nodded, his whole body seemed to relax all at once. Before she could stop herself, she asked him if he wanted to come to La Push with her this weekend.

"Emmett and I are going camping this weekend, remember?"

Bella was sure her whole face was red. "I-of course."

Idiot! She berated herself. How could she have forgotten that?

"I--" Edward took a deep breath. "I hope you have fun. Stay safe."

Before she could respond, Edward turned and stalked down the aisle. He seemed genuine in his concern for her. Bella felt hope begin to rise up in her chest. Maybe Alice had been right. Although she was disappointed he couldn't come with her to La Push, she was happy they were at least on friendly terms again. Bella fought a smile the rest of the night.

Saturday afternoon came with a blink of an eye. Bella had packed a change of clothes to change into after her shift. Walking outside into the warm sun, she felt as if she was flying. It felt so good to be out in the sun again. Friday had been so nice. Everyone took to eating lunch outdoors. She had even gotten to wear one of her favorite sleeveless shirts. Bella didn't want to think about how this feeling would be gone come Tuesday when the clouds return.

"Bella! Aren't you excited!" Jessica exclaimed, latching onto her arm.

She smiled down at her friend. "Yeah. This is pretty great."