CHAPTER FORTY: NO MORE

Depuis le début

"Are you alright?" Jin asked her worriedly.

I turned away from the corridor and made way to the stairs.

"Jimin don't," RM said. But I ignored him.

As I climbed down the stairs hurriedly, I saw Isaac standing up while Jin assisted my princess.

"Why Fatima? Why them? Why not me?" Isaac blurted out.

I stood beside Fatima, making her between Jin and I.

****************************************************************************************************

Fatima's POV

The strong grip of Isaac on my arm left a mark. I looked at it as I processed what he was asking me.

"Baby, I am asking you. Why do you always worry about them before me? I am your husband. Shouldn't I be your number one priority? I am your Jannah. We are married for God's sake," my husband said.

I stared at his eyes then turned away. I just wanted a day with them. That wasn't too much to ask right? I am enjoying their performances a lot. They are so good that it makes me forget everything else. When Jimin, Jin, RM, Tae, Hobi, Kookie and Suga sing and dance for me, it's like having our own private world where I am the center of it, where life is right.

"I.. I just need to.." I explained to him, and yet not really feeling remorseful at all.

Isaac straightened his suit then looked at the men beside me.

"Okay if you need to. I would need to be alone tonight too. I'm staying home at my Mom's," he said.

Then Isaac made a gesture to approach me. But I stepped back.

"Baby, it's just me," he said with a voice of shock.

Jimin stood in front of me, saying nothing. I heard my husband sigh.

"Very well. If I am no longer wanted here, I might as well leave," Isaac said with pride then footsteps of him leaving and locking the door followed.

As soon as he left, the voices and footsteps of the seven were heard. And sure enough, they now surround me.

"Clover, I'll get you a glass of water," Jin said, leaving me with the others.

"How much more can I take?" I asked them all.

"What do you mean?" J – Hope asked.

I shook my head. They wouldn't be able to understand anyway. They wouldn't be able to understand the depth of their effect on me. They wouldn't be able to understand how I now look forward for Wednesday. They don't know that their recorded songs are on my phone and I listen to it when I am at work. They don't know that I admire them a lot. They don't know that I want to be near them every day.

"Would you want this set – up to be permanent Kismet?" Suga asked me with his gentle loving voice.

Everybody looked at me in anticipation, waiting for my answer. I closed my eyes and feel my heart. It has changed. It has transformed. It is wavering. It is disloyal, selfish and unbecoming. But it is needy, possessive and clingy. I opened my eyes and meet their intense gazes at me.

"Yes, let's make this permanent," I uttered.

RM inhaled a breath and bit his fist, smiling at me. Suga smiled and pat my veil – covered head. Tae and Jungkook high – five each other. Jimin placed his hand around my waist, making me look at his handsome white soft face. Hobi left us and stood a bit away, making a call on his phone.