xxxiv. ministry of magic

Start from the beginning

"What is that?" Aurora asks, pointing a finger at the tank on the desk that has some sort of white-pinkest statue floating around. "Is that sea weed..."

"Aquavirius maggots!" said Luna excitedly. "Dad said the Ministry were breeding -"

"No." Hermione's nose crinkled. "They're brains."

"Brains?"

"Yes. I wonder what they're doing with them?"

"Let's get out of here," Harry's grip on her hand tightened. She looked up him. "This isn't right, we need to try another door -"

"There are doors here too," Ron pointed out.

"What happened in your dream?" she asked after a moment of silence.

"In my dream....I went through that dark room into the second one. I think we should go back and try from there."

They returned back into the other room. She didn't let go of Harry's hand once, and instead moved into his side. She knows deep down something bad had happened and it was probably to late, because that always happened. Something bad always happened. Or so it felt like it. She didn't want to think about it, she didn't want to think about any of it.

"Your thoughts are loud." her boyfriend whispered, down to her. It didn't stop her heart from beating, but for a second when he held her arm, it made her feel safe. "He's going to be fine. He will."

"I don't believe you." she says quietly.

"Wait!" suddenly Hermione had yelled this at Luna, who want to close the door of the brain room behind them. She extended her wand. "Flagrate!"

She drew with her wand in midair and an X appeared on the door. No sooner had the door clicked shut behind them than there was a great rumbling, and once again the wall began to revolve very fast, but now there was a great red gold blur in amongst the faint blue, and when all became still again, the fiery cross still burned, showing the door they had already tried.

"Good thinking," Harry mentions, "Okay, let's try this one-"

They all walked towards the door with their wands raised. She glances at Luke who seemed the least afraid. This room was different, it was much bigger. This room was much more larger than the last, dimly lit and rectangular, and the center of it was sunken, forming a great stone pit some twenty feet below them.

Out of everything in the room, she found herself walking towards a hanging, unsupported black curtain veil. She reached forward and touched it. Her hand turned cold quickly and she retracted it.

"Aurora!" Luke calls again, and this time she goes over to him. There is concern written on his face, but before he can say anything, a loud bang echoes throughout the room.

"Who's there?" Harry yelled.

It was quiet and there was no more sound. The silence was even worse. Harry went down the archway below the veil, and walked through it. His footsteps echoed loudly. She glances down and saw nothing.

"Harry?" she said loudly.

"I'm fine." Harry replied, from wherever.