xvi. hyperion

★ ★ ★

★ ★ ★

CHAPTER SIXTEEN:

HYPERION
(A/n: I'm sorry for the long chapter)

★ ★ ★

The full moon of November had been one of the worst Aurora had seen Luke go through in a long time. The month of November, in general did go slowly.

After what felt like hours she sat in the hospital wing after changing into dry clothes. Her hair unfortunately had been soaked to the brim and was tied back in a messy braid. Her legs were crossed over her lap and she tiredly looked at the sight ahead of her.

Luke squirmed in pain as Madam Pomfrey applied a white coated cream to his shoulder.

Otis barked at Luke at the fact he wasn't picking him up.

"think he thinks you're in danger or something." she comments trying to control the dog.

Otis barked at Madam Pomfrey.

"Would you mind continuing for a few moments? I'm afraid I must go check on another patient," Madam Pomfrey asked her, "A first year fell off his broom this evening, landed in one of the stands."

She nods, taking the jar of the woman and applying it to his forehead where he was covered in bruising.

Luke stopped squirming once her fingers came in contact with his jaw like where one of his more worse scars had been from last year. Although he did flinch every few seconds, he didn't look as pained as he did.

Otis lay across his chest letting out small growls.

"Otis relax." Luke grumbled.

He growled lowly, and closed his eyes.

Aurora yawned. She'd gotten no sleep over the last few days. Firstly, Otis was staying in her dorm since Luke was in no state to mind him. Secondly, the relationship between Lucinda and Harry was taking a toll on her sleeping. Lucinda came in and spoke about him almost every night, even though no one asked.

"When did you last sleep?"

"I'm fine-"

Luke frowns softly. "That's the fifth time you yawned, you can lie down if you want."

She didn't need to be asked twice. She moved beside him and lay down wrapping her arm around his torso. He pulled the blanket of her, and allowed her to rest her tired head on his chest. Otis gave an unimpressed hum at being moved but said nothing and repositioned himself in Luke's arms.