x. love

★ ★ ★

★ ★ ★

CHAPTER TEN:

LOVE

★ ★ ★

Aurora didn't sleep a wink the night of her argument with Harry. She lay awake for hours replaying the things she'd done to hurt him both then and in the past. When it finally reached six o'clock that morning and was officially bright, she did end up falling asleep. Ever since coming back she didn't like looking out into the sky and seeing utter darkness.

"I can handle every other person in this world forgetting, but not you. Please tell me you know who I am."

"Of course I know who you are-"

"Oh thank god."

"You're one of my students, right?"

"What if all of this doesn't work?" Aurora heard someone ask, the girls voice sounded fearful. She recognised it. "What if I'm still not strong enough for him? What if this doesn't work? What do I do then?"

"There is one more way." someone else told her. "It requires a lot of magic. Hopefully it won't come to that-"

"Tell me."

As her dream switched, she suddenly found herself standing in the middle of a type of city. She was only seeing through eyes, unaware whether or not they were even her own. She was looking ahead, towards someone. She squinted through the ash and dust flying around and seen it was Beckham. He was being held. The two of them shared a look, just one look, one look and Aurora didn't know what happened but all she wanted to do was burst everyone and everything into flames right there and then. Beckham looked at her as if it was the first time and nodded.

That was when Aurora found herself feeling something she'd never felt before, it was a consuming emotion - one that took over immediately.

She woke up screaming, and clasped a hand over her mouth when she realised she'd been bawling in her sleep. Not just any type of crying, a horrendous one. One that made it seem like she was after finding out someone had died. That everyone had died. She kept her eye closed and brought her hands up to her ears to block the buzzing noises she was hearing.

When they disappeared, she realised she wasn't alone, and someone who she'd longed to see the most was in the room.

He looked like he hadn't slept in weeks. Is that what she looked like when she returned from the Other World? Did she appeared that sickly? She'd hoped not because it was slightly terrifying. He did, however, still look like the same person she'd met in Dumbledore's office a little over a year ago. To her, it was odd to think she'd only known him for bit over a year, she'd felt as though she'd known him for her entire life.