Chapter 17

AMELIA'S POV

"What does he want now?" John asked, still staring at the writing on the wall. I frowned when my phone buzzed, but pulled it out anyways.

I have Sherlock's dear eldest brother...You just have to play my game. ~JM

I immediately responded, noticing Sherlock and John peeking over my shoulder.

What do you want us to do? ~AM

Staying alive...How boring is that? ~JM

"What kind of clue is that?" John asked. "And how could he get Mycroft? He's the British government for goodness sakes!" I turned to John and tried not to laugh.

"Mycroft? He doesn't have Mycroft, John," I said, unable to keep back the laughter. I wiped a tear from my eye, noticing how Sherlock was smiling as well. "He has Sherrinford."

"Who's Sherrinford?" John questioned, looking confused. I glanced over to Sherlock and frowned.

"How can you even stand living with John?" I asked. Sherlock shrugged. I turned back to John before addressing his question. "Sherrinford is Mycroft and Sherlock's older brother."

"I didn't know he had another brother!" John exclaimed, looking at Sherlock in disbelief. Sherlock just continued to stare at the text.

"He's at the rooftop where Sherlock jumped," I said, pocketing my phone and grabbing my tan trench coat, which was hanging right beside my usual jacket. "That's where they both happened to 'die' when they were actually 'staying alive'." John gave me a face that showed he barely understood what I was saying before walking over to Sherlock and I. We hurried down the stairs and out the door before taking a cab to the hospital.

When we made it to the hospital, I ran up the steps to the roof, where I found an deactivated bomb next to a jacket. I turned to Sherlock, who nodded before we grabbed the clues and ran back down the stairs together. We passed John on the way down, making him groan before following us. We ran back outside and called another cab before getting in.

"Where are we going this time?" John asked, trying to catch his breath. Sherlock looked at him like it was obvious, while I looked amused.

"The pool where my brother made you wear a bomb," I said simply, making him look at me in horror.

"How did you know about that?" He asked, looking the slightest bit worried that I might be working for Moriarty. I smiled at him.

"I work for Mycroft, remember?" John let out a breath he probably hadn't known he was holding before then. He blushed slightly, confirming my thoughts. "Gosh, don't jump to such conclusions, John."

"What conclusions?" John asked, looking at me like I had two heads. I rolled my eyes while Sherlock smiled.

"You were obviously thinking that I was stalking you or that I was one of Moriarty's snipers while you were at the pool. First of all, if I were to kill you, John, I wouldn't shoot you. I'd use poison. If you must understand why, ask Sherlock," I said, looking out the other window.

I could only imagine how John was looking at Sherlock at this point. I turned and looked, giggling a little at how amusing they looked. I snapped a quick picture with my phone before sending it to Lestrade with a caption that read, "Just indirectly told John that Sherlock and I have planned his murder for fun." I quickly sent it and put away my phone before either of them could become suspicious.

We arrived at the pool a few minutes later. When we got out and walked inside to the pool area, we saw Moriarty standing next to another man to which he held a gun up to.

"Sherrinford," Sherlock said, glancing at his brother. I quickly deduced that he was unharmed before nodding to John.

"Sherlock," Sherrinford greeted, making eye contact with each of us before looking back to his younger brother.

"Jim Moriarty, hi," my brother interrupted, waving at us with his free hand. "Let's have some fun, shall we?"

"What do you want, brother?" I sneered, glaring at him. He glanced at me in amusement before rolling his eyes and pulling out another gun, which he pointed at me. Suddenly a series of red dots appeared over my chest. I mentally groaned. Sherlock glanced over to me in an expressionless manner, but I could see that he was worried and didn't know what to do. I started to blink out a message in Morse code, trying to look normal by rubbing my eyes some and pretending I was scared.

"You know the cards, Sherlock. Now you just have to make your move," Moriarty said, grinning at me. I rolled my eyes, walking up to him. He motioned for me to step back with his gun, but I kept walking until I was inches from him.

"You know you couldn't shoot me, brother. I'm your only weakness, and I escaped before you could get rid of me. Now I'm too close for you to get rid of me, just admit it," I said, smirking at him. "And I'm a part of your bargain. If I died, Sherlock would choose his brother." I glanced back at Sherlock and finished my lengthy message. Smiling, I turned back toy brother. "Too bad you never asked where I was really going on Friday night's."

At that moment, I ducked to the ground and swung my foot out, making my brother fall to the floor. As he fell, I snatched both guns and slid one to Sherlock, who had ran over to hide behind a wall with John so that they weren't shot. I grabbed Sherrinford's hand before starting to run, aiming up at each of the snipers before firing. Each of my bullets made their mark. I turned one last time, shooting my stunned brother in the leg before running after John and the two Holmes brothers.

"Well that was fun," I said, trying to catch my breath. We had ran for at least two blocks before deciding to take a break. I leaned against a wall before running a hand through my damp hair. "Are you all alright?" I turned to Sherlock and John, who both nodded, before turning to Sherrinford. He glanced up at me and smiled.

"Yes. Thank you for saving me, by the way." I looked over at him in shock.

"Are you sure you're related to Sherlock and Mycroft?" I asked, glancing between Sherlock and his eldest brother. "Because I don't see the resemblance." John burst out laughing and Sherlock glared at him. Sherrinford smirked at his brother before turning back to me.

"I have my doubts," Sherrinford said, shrugging his shoulders. He held out a hand, which I shook almost immediately. "Sherrinford Holmes."

"Amelia Moriarty. Don't worry, I'm not like my brother," I said, glancing back in the direction we came from. "Let's get going. We don't want to run into them again." John sighed, running after the Holmes brothers and I. We made it to the flat not ten minutes later.

"Sherlock? Is that you?" Mrs. Hudson asked, peeking her head through the doorway next to the stairs. "Oh! Who is your friend?" She gestured to Sherrinford, who was standing next to me.

"This is Sherrinford, Mycroft and Sherlock's older brother," I said, smiling at Mrs. Hudson. I glared at Sherlock, who was about to say something. "Can you make us some tea?"

"Just this once, but only because you have a guest. I'm not your housekeeper!" Mrs. Hudson shouted, walking through her door. I smiled, dashing up the stairs with the boys behind me. I quickly pulled out my phone before texting Lestrade to tell him to come over. I argued with myself in my head before also inviting Mycroft over.

Mycroft, can you come over? We just rescued Sherrinford from Moriarty and I want to see Lestrade's face when he sees three of you in one room. ~AM

Fine. I'll be there in five minutes. ~MH

Thanks. ~AM

I grinned, enjoying my master plan. I glanced up in amusement when I noticed Sherlock peeking over my shoulder at my text that I just sent to Lestrade. He looked between me and the phone before smiling and rubbing his hands together. I watched him walk over to his brother before whispering something in his ear and pulling out his phone to text Mycroft. He frowned at the screen before looking up at me and rolling his eyes.

Suddenly I heard a banging at the door. I grinned. Now this is going to be interesting.