I know that feeling

I know that feeling.

I know what this is. I've felt it before. But now, I finally have the strength to not open that door.

I take my hand off the knob. In... Out... I'm done letting myself pout.

The tension in my chest rose as I looked through songs to play. The tension I came to love, when common sense went away.

I felt my breath become shallow. The undeniable emotions rising in my throat like bile. But I swallowed it down, knowing all the while that it was good.

I refuse to let myself fall again. I've come so far and climbed so high. It felt so nice to have a firm goodbye.

Though I know it probably won't stay for long. Things never stay the way you want them too. But if they did life would be uninteresting, and we wouldn't have anything to do.

I welcome the challenge. Come at me, if you dare. I'll be waiting for you there.

I'm right here. It's 9:52 pm on a friday night in September. In nearly twelve hours I'll be with my fellow band members, for our next competition.

I know that feeling. I'm learning to recoginze it, and tell it it isn't wanted. I'm done with those emotions, I'm done with being haunted.

I know that feeling. And I know how to rid myself of it too. Writing is easy and helps me not to focus on the "you"

I know that feeling. I know it is going away. I know how to clear the clouds and find the light of day.

I know that feeling.