« nineteen »

"No! Thunder!" Camila yelled as the dog ran towards Dinah, leaping onto her and taking her by surprise.

"Oh my God!" Dinah laughed, receiving wet licks from the black dog. The four of them were in the park now, sitting on the grass under a large tree that provided shade. They were conversing with one another while waiting for Camila to arrive with her pet.

The small brunette jogged to the girls, sitting in between Dinah and Lauren. "Sorry about him."

"Aw, he's so cute!" Ally cooed. She patted her lap to get his attention. He abruptly stopped licking the Polynesian girl and timidly trotted to Ally. She gently stroked his fur once he was close enough.

While Ally, Normani, and Dinah were playing with Thunder, Lauren took this opportunity to scoot closer to Camila, who was watching people pass by and seemed to be deep in her thoughts. 

"Hey, you okay?" her raspy voice snapped the slightly younger girl out of her reverie.

"Yeah." She nodded. "Just thinking."

"About what?"

"About you." She smiled, looking into her emerald green eyes and getting lost in them.

"Really?" Lauren smirked. Her eyes dropped to her pink, perfect lips that she so badly wanted to kiss.

"I always think about you," the green-eyed girl confessed quietly after a moment of silence between them. She spotted a tiny smudge of dirt on the brown-eyed girl's cheek and wiped it with her thumb.

"Is it wrong that I want to kiss you right now?" Camila whispered, leaning closer to her to the point where their faces were only centimeters apart.

"No, because I want to kiss you, too." They both completely forgot about their surroundings and the fact that one of them was in a relationship. They simply admired each other's facial features, especially their eyes and lips.

"Guys, look, it's Camren," Dinah muttered, nudging Ally and Normani. She took out her phone and snapped a picture of them, snickering to herself. The dark-skinned girl joined in, but the shortest one slapped her on the arm.

Suddenly, Thunder barked loudly and dashed towards something, causing Camila and Lauren to jump apart, startled and confused.

"He's running away!" Normani exclaimed.

"Hey! Thunder, come back here!" Camila hastily got up to her feet and ran after him, the four others close behind her.

He finally stopped in front of a man and started barking angrily at him. The man, who was evidently surprised and perplexed, turned around and stepped backwards in fear at the sight of the mad, barking dog. They all finally caught up with Thunder. Camila froze when she saw the man, and Dinah gasped, covering her mouth with her hand.

"A-Austin?" Camila stuttered, her eyes wide. Austin Mahone, her ex-boyfriend, was staring back at her, ignoring the barks of the black dog.

"Camila Cabello," he smirked, stepping closer to her. She stepped back, unable to believe her eyes. No wonder why Thunder was barking at him.

Lauren recognized the name, remembering that Camila had mentioned him before. He was her ex-boyfriend. She immediately clenched her hands into fists and glared at him, disliking him already.

"Fuck off, Mahone," Dinah growled menacingly. "If you get any closer to her, you'll regret the day you were born."

"Woah, we're adults now, aren't we? Can't we move on and get along?" Austin lifted his hands up in the air, as if he was surrendering.

"Who is this guy? Why does Dinah hate him so much?" Normani asked in a low voice.

"He's Camila's ex," Lauren replied stiffly.

"Why are you here?" Camila's voice cracked. It sounded like she was on the verge of tears, and Dinah protectively placed her arm around her waist.

Don't you fucking dare make her cry, Lauren thought.

"Look Cam, I'm really sorry—"

"Don't call me that!" she snapped, cutting him off. "And don't apologize! The damage has been done, Austin. It's been three years! Three years!"

He winced at the volume of her voice. "I know I was an asshole back then, but I've changed."

Camila laughed humorlessly and darkly. This was a side of her that Lauren had never seen. "Do you think I really want you back in my life? I don't give a fuck if you've changed or not!"

"You should probably leave," Dinah told him firmly, still holding the girl in her arms.

He stayed silent for a moment and changed the subject. "You look beautiful, Camila. I mean, you always were, but now you're hot as hell."

Lauren had had enough and stepped forward. "Hey, you better keep your mouth shut."

Austin turned towards the dark-haired girl and raised an eyebrow. "And who are you?"

"None of your business. Camila obviously doesn't want you here, so get the fuck out."

"Lo, don't." She saw the love of her life shake her head, a tear sliding down her cheek. Her heart ached, and her determination to get rid of this man increased.

"Are you her girlfriend? Y'know, I always kinda thought that she liked girls. I think that's one of the reasons why she broke up with me." His eyes shifted towards Camila's for a second. Lauren had to hide her slight surprise at this information and remained dead serious.

Avoiding the question about being her girlfriend, she responded through gritted teeth, "She broke up with you because you cheated on her."

He raised an eyebrow. "How do you know that?"

"She told me." Lauren would have loved to beat him up, right here and right now, but she knew that Camila would not be happy with her decision, also considering the fact that they were in a public park.

Austin opened his mouth to say something back, but his ex-girlfriend interrupted him in a small, weak voice. "Leave her alone."

"Can you leave? I can't stand here much longer without wanting to punch you in the face," Dinah said.

He sighed and locked eyes with Camila for the last time. "I really miss you, Cam. I really do."

Finally, he walked away from them. Thunder, who was being held back by Ally with the help of Normani, snarled at him.

The brown-eyed brunette couldn't contain her emotions any longer. She broke down into tears. The Polynesian girl let go of her, and she immediately went over to cry on Lauren's shoulder. She wrapped her arms around her protectively, and the four girls surrounded them.

"I'm such a fucking mess," she whispered through her tears. "I'm sorry."

"No, you're not, Camz. Don't apologize for something that isn't your fault."

Lauren let the other girls comfort her. The dog sensed his owner's sadness and approached Camila. She sniffed and bent down to his level, a smile appearing on her face for a moment.

"I'll explain everything to you later," Dinah told Lauren, who nodded.

A/N: I don't like this chapter, but I wanted to have an update for you guys. I didn't edit or proofread this at all, so it's not that good. Texting chapters will be back in the next update.